Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Speedy

You know you are going to struggle throughout the day when it starts out by being pulled over for speeding. As I was making my way to work this morning I was getting ready to turn left at a light and noticed a cop behind me. No matter what I am doing (at this moment I was just sitting there) my heart starts racing. As soon as I started to turn he turned on his lights. I couldn't figure out what I did wrong. Then I realized that the building right in front of where I was turning was a school zone. Here is my conversation with Mr. Police Man:

Cop: Do you realize you were in a school zone?

Me: How fast was I going?

Cop: I clocked you at 40 and the speed limit is 25. Where you off to in such a hurry this morning? (when did 40 mph become a rush?)

Me: Work..I didn't know I was speeding

Cop: Where do you work?

Me: "The Place Where I work".

Cop: I need to see your drivers license.

The cop came back just 3 minutes later with my ticket. I don't know how much it is going to be since they will be mailing me my ticket. I am sure it's going to be a hefty fine since it it a school zone. It has been six years since my last ticket. I am usually very cautious of school zones because I know they watch most of them and you really should slow down with all the little ones walking to school.

Once I got to work a co-worker asked me (she doesn't drive) if I could take her on a few errands. Anything to get out of the office was my thought. I took her to the Social Security Office and then the DMV. I have seen enough government officials for the rest of the year. I will tell you, the DMV is a joke. When we got there they were on number 59 and we were number 70. It took more then an hour. Thankfully there were enough freaks waiting there with us that I was entertained.

***Update 10:00PM****
If you want a real good laugh, just to to Lynilu's blog to see her latest post titled "America's Most Wanted". I do need to say I am innocent until proven guilty. Gee, and I thought Lynilu was my friend.

9 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

What a drag. Hope it's not too big of a fine. YUCK.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the ticket. :(

-Casey (who is still unable to leave you a regular comment. Darn beta program!)

Lynilu said...

I think I'm gonna call you "Leadfoot." Leadfoot Lizzie!!

Sorry, hon.

Anonymous said...

I live in dread of the day I get a speeding ticket, and the way I drive lately it's just a matter of time. Hope the tickets isn't too much $$$.

Kitty said...

Bummer! I hope it don't cost too much either.

It's been about 3 years since my last one and it cost $75. I was going 56 in a 35, no school zone though.

One Messed Up Chick said...

Im sorry that you got a ticket. But it made for good laughing material on Lynilu's blog! Who needs enemies when you have friends like that :) :) Just kidding I know she loves you!

Anonymous said...

Bummer Caroline. That really stinks. Not a great start to the day!

Isabel said...

That sucks about the ticket. Hope it's not too bad when you get it.

As for DMV, lord. Even with an appointment it takes for-ever.

Monogram Queen said...

I got one too last year after YEARS of being ticket-free. Sucks. Can't wait to read Lynilu's post and you KNOW you have to share the freaks with us. Can't hold back a good freak story!