Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Friends & Dinner

I woke up this morning, jumped in the shower and decided I needed a day off. I wasn't feeling too well, but probably well enough that I could have gone into work if I really wanted to. I am glad I ended up staying home because out cat Astro needed to be taken to the vet. YES, we have yet another cat that has come down sick. When Brady was out at the vet when he was sick I think he picked up an upper respiratory infection. His was gone within a couple of days, but poor Astro has just gotten worse since Sunday. I decided today he needed to go to the vet. Good thing, because the vet decided that he did have an upper respiratory infection and put him on antibiotics. I've made more trips to the vet in the past two weeks then I have in the past two years.

We ended the day with a very nice dinner with Lynilu. As many of you know, she is moving here in just a few weeks. She does not realize how much we are going to miss her. So, we treated her to an early goodbye dinner. We took her to one of our favorite restaurants. It's on a local lake, right on the water. It was a 5 course meal that left us almost too full to walk to our cars. Tonight was a special night since part of the proceeds went to charity. Growing up my family had a cabin on this lake and the restaurant we went to is directly across from this cabin. I have many good memories on this lake. Going to eat at The Marina Grog and Galley always brings back special memories for me. Here are some pictures from the night.


A picture of the fireplace. I would LOVE to have a fireplace like this in our home. Well, actually, I would love to have any fireplace in our home. That is one thing I miss.





Here was our view from our table. See the lake. You can't ask for a better view. In the summer they have seating outside on the patio. It's cool to watch people pull up in their boats for dinner. Our goal is to one day move to this lake, if not Florida.
As we were leaving this was the picture. It's not a great picture, but it's still a beautiful view of the sun setting.








About 1/2 through dinner (it took 2 hours to get through all the courses) Laura suddenly got quiet and not wanting to look towards the lake. Come to find out, the table right next to us, next to the window, one of her ex's was there. I wish I had known cause I would have gotten a better look at her.

It was a wonderful night that we won't soon forget.

5 comments:

Isabel said...

the sunset picture reminds me of a painting. Love that fireplace

Monogram Queen said...

So sorry to hear your've got another sick kitty. Hope kitty is better soon.
The lake looks wonderful. I hope you and Laura do realize your dream to move there.
I know you will miss Lynilu SO much

Ooh I would have been all up in the X's kool-aid. I'm nosey like that!

One Messed Up Chick said...

what beautiful pictures! Its so nice that you and Lynilu have become such good friends and I am sure you will stay in touch :)Have a great day!

Lynilu said...

Thanks, again to you both. It was a great evening from start to the end. I love the pix!

patti - why do you think Laura didn't mention it?!?!?!

Caroline said...

isabel--yes it does look like a painting doesn't it.

patticake--astro seems to be doing better today,so that is good. we will miss lynilu greatly. i would have been looking at her a lot if i had known. damn.

onecrazylady--with the blogs there is not chance not to stay in touch

lynilu--it was a great evening. you know me and laura way too much. :)