Saturday, September 16, 2006

Saturday's Happenings


This morning we decided to take our new bikes out for their first official bike ride. We've had them for a week, but with the rain last weekend and then my dental work it just hasn't worked out to be able to ride them. This morning was perfect for riding. Here is a picture of our ride this morning. There is a creek running next to our bike trail and it's just so pretty now with the leaves changing. It felt great getting out and my back did very well. Once home I was a little sore, but it was the good kind of sore.





Here is a picture of my new bike. We both decided that we have got to get a different bike seat. After 45 minutes on the bike this morning my ass hurt so much.







Yesterday morning I woke up just craving fruit. We went out and got some fruit and I have been eating it nonstop since yesterday. Yum, Yum, Yum. We decided that with every meal we are going to have at least some kind of fruit. I thought watermelon was out of season now, but I swear the watermelon and strawberries we got are so good.
Yesterday I walked into the computer room and found Ben (left) and Bonk (right) sharing the cat bed in front window. These two are not that close. In fact, this is the first time I have ever seen them "cuddling". Ben is the youngest (5) and Bonk is the oldest (19) of our cats. I just had to get a picture of the two of them.
My mouth is doing a lot better. Still a little sore, but better then it was Thursday and Friday. This morning Sophie went in for her haircut. She hates going, but always feels so much better afterwards. Actually she really didn't need a haircut, but we prefer her shaved since her hair gets so long. She is one tired girl tonight. All the excitement of two car rides and then spending the day at the beauty salon has made her so sleepy.
Tomorrow we are going down to Laura's sisters house for our 9 year old nephews birthday party. We have been so good this weekend with our choices in food that we told ourselves that our treat this weekend is a piece of birthday cake. Have I told you how much I love birthday cake. Yum.

6 comments:

Kitty said...

Well I hope I don't disappoint you with the birthday cake. Went to Wal-Mart last night and they had no big birthday cakes appropriate for a nine year old boy. They had a small one that I have to take off all the red apples and redecorate. I am baking another one to be sure we have enough. I have never baked a cake in this new oven so we'll see. Better get started.

Which sophie got a hair cut... dog or cat?

Lynilu said...

The picture of the stream is beautiful. What a good place to ride! And I love the picture of the babies sharing the window seat! Cute, cute, cute!!

Wendy and Karen said...

The bike ride sounds most wonderful. We bought bikes back in the spring and really have enjoyed them. Of course, I got the "Wide Load" seat so I fortunately haven't had any sore ass issues. ;)

- Karen

Monogram Queen said...

I had to get a new seat for my bike also. The gel seats are awesome. Hope the birthday cake was good and you got the homemead cake and not the Walmart one :)

Monogram Queen said...

Oh and the kities are darling. I love to see them snuggling. Brett & Spooky are like that. Brett is the elder and Spooky just idolizes him. It's so funny

Caroline said...

kitty--the cake was wonderful as was the party..sophie dog got a haircute, although sophie cat is getting her cut today

lynilu--aren't the babies just too cute

wendy&karen--we did have a great time on the bikes, but we need new seats for sure

patticake--yes, i got the homemade cake..yum, yum, yum