Friday, September 15, 2006

Mad About You

Today has been a better day. I am still "down in the dumps" about the whole teeth situation. I think what is most upsetting is the the money we are going to be paying. I called my Health insurance company this morning asking if they would pay something due to the dental problems being caused by the diabetes. They said no. I woke up this morning with one of the worst headaches I've had in a while. I got three shots yesterday when they were trying to numb me up. My jaw is so sore right now. Eating has been a challenge today. For example: for breakfast I had applesauce. By afternoon it was feeling better and was able to eat a salad.

Last night Laura and I sat down and went over our "books" in terms of money. We have the money, but we just don't want to spend it. Does that make sense? There are so many things we could spend that money on, or just leave it in the bank for a rainy day. Although, I guess this qualifies for a rainy day. Thank goodness we have been smart with our money and been on a regular savings plan.

Last weekend I noticed the last "Mad About You" was on. We were going to be gone, so I set the TV up to record it. Last night we decided to watch it. Neither of us really watched Mad About You faithfully when it was on. We laughed and cried in that last episode.

Watching that show made me realize how lucky I am. I have a wonderful, supportive partner (who by the way said she would still love me if I had to get false teeth....now that's love), a roof over my head, a wonderful job and so many people that have become my "family" the past two years. A few bumps in the road shouldn't throw my confidence and self worthiness off as much as it did yesterday.

Laura and I have a wonderful 7 months planned. Not only are the holidays coming up (which I can't wait for),but we have something very special planned for April. (more news on that in the next few weeks) Laura is completely crazy about me. I couldn't ask for more.

Love does conquer all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are having all of these dental problems! I hear you on the medical bills: since I was diagnosed with a melanoma in April, I've already had ten various, expensive doctor appointments. I don't know how people without insurance do it.

You shouldn't feel like you're a burden. Wouldn't you gladly take care of Laura if she needed it? That's one of the definitions of a partnership (in business and in love): shared risk, shared reward.

Caroline said...

amy--thanks for stopping by my blog. sadly you saw one of my "poor me" moments yesterday. thankfully today is a much better day. so sorry to hear about your melanomna. that is so scary, but it sounds like it's under control. Thanks for the encouraging words. i love your statement: shared risk, shared reward. thanks.

Isabel said...

Sorry to hear about all the dental problem. I know Laura doesn't feel you are a burden. Like Amy said, you'd take of her if you needed it.

I understand about having the money in savings and not wanting to use it.

Anonymous said...

It makes perfect sense to have the money but not want to spend it. We're the same way. Okay, Fran is actually more so that way than me.

You're totally right that love conquers all!

One Messed Up Chick said...

ove does conquer all!!! Without love, we wouldnt be happy and thats what it is all about.
I understand not wanting to spend the money, who would?

Lynilu said...

Read your first sentence. Now read the last one.

Nuff said!

Wendy and Karen said...

OK...the dental crap has hit the fan here as well! I had to call my dentist just yesterday to get an appointment to have him look at a tooth I think I broke while eating a salad with some rogue rock hard almonds!

But, as you said - love conquers all (and a good dentist doesn't hurt!).

- Karen

Kitty said...

lynilu is such a wise woman. Take her advice. Read the first and last sentence. That's all that needs to be said.

I hope you feel like coming tomorow.

I also think my sister and you are keeping something from me.... but I will find out.

Caroline said...

isabel--it's so hard spending our savings, but sometimes you just have to

sassyfemme--thankfully we have been on a very good savings plan

onecrazylady--yes, love is what it's all about

lynilu--so wise

wendy&karen--lol on the a good dentist also helps...so true

kitty--sorry, but our lips are sealed for a little bit longer..

Monogram Queen said...

Love does conquer all and dental bills conquer the wallet!