Monday, September 18, 2006

Busy Monday

This morning we had our appointment with the Better Business Bureau. At 10:10 we were called back to the room. The Fix-it Guys (aka The fuck it up Guys) didn't appear to be coming. We were 10 minutes into the hearing when they showed up. So much for being on time. The hearing proceeded and we gave our evidence and the Fix-it Guys had no questions for us. I found that odd. When the owner of the Fix-it Guys gave his story he told lie after lie. I think I actually saw his nose growing as he was talking. Now the thing that got us was when we brought up that they were using things around our house (towels, sandpaper, buckets). The idiot from the Fix-it Guys said, "now the only reason we asked was because these ladies looked handy." Then he looked at the arbitrator and said (who by the way was a girly girl), "now if I had come into your house I would not have asked you for any materials, but they just seemed handy". WTF. So just because we are gay means we are handy and you can use our tools????? You should have seen the arbitrators face when he said that. She was as shocked as we were.

I think it is officially fall in Kansas City. We went to bed last night with the window open and I woke up around 6am just freezing my ass off. I usually love sleeping with the windows open when it's cool, but I think it got down in the mid 40's. We were thinking about going camping this weekend, but Laura said she doesn't know if she could handle temps that low at night. I agree. She would be miserable.

I got to work and found that I have my yearly review on Thursday. I've been here 2 years and never had one, so I don't know if this is good or bad. I am not too concerned. Maybe this means I will get a raise. That would be wonderful.

I scheduled my two root canals for a week from this Thursday. I planned it for late in the day and then taking Friday off. As long as they offer me the laughing gas I think I will be fine. It's time to get this stuff done and over with.

We were so excited last night for the Amazing Race. That is our favorite show and we have a countdown for when it comes on. Last night did not disappoint and I look forward to rest of the season. Hope everyone has a great week.

4 comments:

Isabel said...

So when you do find the results of the hearing? What an ass.

It's starting to get cold at night. It's that weird transition time here. warm during the day, cool at night.

One Messed Up Chick said...

I hope everything went your way in court today! And I agree with the comment about Amazing race, I love that show!!! Its going to be a great season i think.

Monogram Queen said...

OMIGAWD No he did NOT say that you guys look "handy". Oh I hope those ignorant jokers get theirs.
Mmmmm we are supposed to have low 50's tomorrow night and I can't wait. Gotta get Maddie's warmer jammies out now. Good luck on the root canals honey. I'll be thinking of you.

Caroline said...

isabel--we will find out probably by wednesday or thursday

onecrazylady--the amazing race is, well, amazing

traci--thanks for the good wishes

patticake--we were pretty shocked when he said that as well. thanks for the good wishes for the root canals