Monday, September 18, 2006

Lionel Richie?

I think God is trying to communicate to Laura through Lionel Richie. Every time we get in the car together one of his songs comes on. This isn't just once in a while, but every time. And it's not the stuff from his new album, it's the old songs like "Penny Lover", "Stuck on You", "Truly" and all that old stuff. Last night she had a dream about Lionel Richie (no details allowed at this time). Then this morning she was looking to see what was on the View and guess who is on...you guessed it, Lionel Richie. This is actually starting to freak her out. I am just freaked out because I am wondering why she is dreaming about Lionel Richie and not me.

Any kind of interpretation would be greatly appreciated at this time.

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

OK, now like I said to you earlier, I am struggling to find the connection between God and Lionel Richie!! Huh?? And unless you give us ALL THE DETAILS, how can we possibly give you significant, meaningful analysis??

Right now, the only thing I can think of is this . . . is Laura a closet heterosexual?

Monogram Queen said...

Oh boy I can't even begin to interpret that! Lionel Richie... I will be following this with interest!

Caroline said...

lynilu--i am not sure what I would be more upset about; laura being a closeted heterosexual or her being attracted to Lionel Richie. BTW, Laura is kind of pissed at you for your comment. :)

patticake--we are haivng such trouble as well with this.

Wendy and Karen said...

You could go with a scientific approach and get the lyrics to several of the songs and check to see which words come up consistently in all the songs and see if there is some "hidden" message in the commonalities.

Or, you could try something more esoteric, like Laura and Lionel both start with an L. Lionel sings alot about Love. Maybe Laura's world is just showing her the Love and Lionel is just putting all the love into lyrics.

Or...more than likely, none of the above. Perhaps it's time for a visit to your local neighborhood psychic for a little palm reading or tarot cards!

I'll anxiously await how this plays out!

- Karen