Sunday, September 03, 2006

Goodbye Summer...Hello Fall

**If you are unable to see the pictures you might try refreshing. If that doesn't work, go to my flickr account (lower right side) and I have uploaded all photos there as well. Blogger is being an ass AGAIN.*****

Well, another summer has come to a close. I don't know about you, but I am very happy to see this summer go. It seemed too hot and we seemed to have too much money leaving our bank account. Mother Nature seems to be confused here in Kansas City. Memorial Day Weekend which marks the beginning of summer was 100 degrees. We started the summer out by going camping and never seemed to get back due to hot temperatures and the never ending dental work I had going on. Now here it is Labor Day Weekend which marks the end of summer. We have had perfect temps in the 70's with temps in the 50's at night. It seems the two holidays temperature wise were mixed up. We have had a near perfect weekend ourselves. Nothing beats a three day weekend, money in the bank and loved ones to spend the time with. Here are some pictures from our weekend..so far.




First of all, I would like to thank all of you for the nice comments and good wishes for Brady for a speedy recovery. He is doing better, although he is sleeping more. Turns out he just had a bad case of indigestion. At least that is what we are concluding. Nothing showed up on the blood work and the results came back negative for a bladder infection. The vet gave him some pills for acid reduction. So far, so good. Here is a picture of him today taking a nap with his friend "Teddy". Nothing beats a nap with your best friend.



With it being so cool we are able to open all the windows. As you can see the cats fight over one window when there are 8 other ones open. Go figure. (L-R..Astro, Brady, Ben)


Saturday got started early with us doing a lot of work around the yard. We cleaned the back deck, mowed the yard and as you can see I cleaned the gutters. It's a nasty job, but someone's got to do it.



Here is our cleaned off deck. With it being so hot we kind of neglected this part of the house. As you can see the dog loved it as well.



We grilled out last night and had a fire going in our fire pit. As you can see we had a huge flame going. It was still going strong at 10pm. We finally dumped some water on it and called it a night.


And we ended today by laying around reading. It has been a perfect weekend. We better enjoy it because knowing Mother Nature next weekend will either be 100 or we'll have snow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow your whole backyard looks adorable. So glad Brady didn't have anything serious. Knock on wood, it was just indigestion! I didn't know kitties ever got that but I guess why not?

One Messed Up Chick said...

Fall is ok with me! 100 degree weather just isnt for me. Great pictures, thanks for sharing them.

Lynilu said...

It looks good out there, girl. FYI, I'm still seeing only 3 pix. sighhh.

Caroline said...

sandra--thank you for the compliment on the yard. it's taken lots of hard work. before laura the backyard simply had grass and that was it. we wanted to have a place to escape to so that is why we made our backyard to inviting.

onecrazylady--i love fall. i am happy to see summer go, although i will miss the pool

lynilu--sorry about the pictures. don't know what to do. i did upload them to my flickr account.

Kitty said...

I love this weather! I HATE BLOGGER! Look what you got me into...:^) I guess I'll have to go back to my old blog site. This is ridiculous having to beg blogger to let you post pics. I went into help sections and there is tons of people who are having all kinds of problems and they seem to be doing nothing about it!

Wish I had the energy to clean off my deck.... it's been neglected along with a couple rooms inside the house due to all the work we've been doing outside also.

I want a fire pit!!!!!! I'm going to try to talk hubby into coming and getting the unwanted rock out of your yard, then I'm going to dig me one in the ground instead of buy one. I would say I would post pics here for you but......LOL

Mrs. Dr. S. said...

Oh, I am totally lovin' your hammock! {so jealous!} Looks like a nice time. :)

Monogram Queen said...

I am glad you had a good week-end. Doubly glad Brady is okay. It's so scary when the furkids get sick cos' they can't "tell" us much.