Saturday, August 26, 2006

Upside Down



Ever have one of those days where it seems you are laying on the ground unable to get up? I've had one of those days. Luckily, now that the day is ending it has gotten much better.

Today we had our carpets cleaned. With 5 cats and one dog in the house getting the carpets is essential. We have neglected to have them cleaned for a couple years now, and today was the day to get them back in good condition. Getting 5 cats in one room is not easy. Every time you go to put a cat in the room the others try to escape. I put Ben in first since I knew if he saw me getting the other cats in the room he would go and hide. Having the entire house done is a challenge. The cats had to go in our downstairs room that has no carpet. Normally we would just leave the dog outside, but of course it had to rain today. So we put Sophie in the garage. None of them were happy. Neither were Laura and I.

I had a Health Fair that I had to go to today. I think Laura was a little upset that she was left to take care of the carpets by herself. Had I known it was going to be such a challenge I think I would have opted for another day for them to come clean the carpets. The Health Fair was in a high school that had no a/c. I just don't get it. It's the end of August in Kansas City. It's hot. Don't plan a health fair in a place that has no a/c. Plus with the rain we were getting there was about 95% humidity. (I know this since the lady next to me was telling everyone how much humidity was in the place)

I feel I was ripped off in the weekend department. Just one day and then it's back to work. Luckily next weekend is Labor Day Weekend which means a 3 day weekend. Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

*In the picture is our cat Brady . I was laying on the floor doing the exercises for my back and he was so interested in what I was doing.

5 comments:

Lynilu said...

It took me a moment to realize that Brady is on the glass table. Look at the picture again . . . doesn't he have a strange expression? Kinda like, "What he heck is my human doing? I wonder if I jump right on the face . . . ." And knowing Brady, he was considering doing something!!

pilgrimchick said...

Ah, yes the "confine the animals" move. I've had to do that several times on differing occasions. The worst was putting them all in the car--and there are four of them. One would get angry at her sisters, then sulk, then cry the whole ride. Another would just curl up in the back and sleep. The third sat in the front with me and needed occasional "encouragement" every now and then. The last one sat with whichever other cat was most distressed at any given moment.

Amazing I never missed a road sign or crashed the car. Then again, I am sure carting children around is no different.

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm totally partial to the orange tabbies! That's one gorgeous feline!!

Monogram Queen said...

Sorry you didn't have a very good week-end maybe the long Labor Day one coming up will be better!

Caroline said...

lynilu--you are so right...he was probably thinking that. either that or "i need to throw up"

track--brady loves to have his pic taken and usually will have strike a pose for me

slskenyon--i am not sure if we will ever move for the simple fact of having to move the animals..that wont' be pretty

sandra--brady has such a neat personality. laura on the other hand thinks he does things just to annoy her. i always reassure her that he cant' think like that, but with some of the stuff he does to only her i wonder myself..thanks for noticing his good looks

patticake--the weekend got much better after sat. morning. we are so lookig forward to the long weekend