Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Random Thoughts

*We are watching "When the levees Broke" on HBO. Wow, there is so much about Hurricane Katrina that I didn't know about. Really breaks my heart what the people of New Orleans had to go through. Tonight is parts 3 & 4. I also didn't realize how much Sean Penn did for the people in New Orleans. He is a great guy and boy does he smoke a lot. During the entire interview he was smoking.

*Tomorrow is a big day with the Better Business bureau. I am anxious to see if they show up and if they do what they have to say for themselves. We are ready with pictures to prove that they not the fix it guys, but the fuck it up guys. If Ben could talk he would be taken as a witness. I will be glad to have this behind us. Oh, and our tub still leaks if it's filled up.

*Laura and I called our mini-vacation our Holiday. I think using that term made us feel kind of cool and like we were English. Although, everytime we said that word Laura started singing Madonna's song "Holiday". During my holiday I slipped and smoked. It was a major slip since I smoked for three days. This stopping smoking is harder then what I thought. But I am now on day 2 with no smoking. I am not giving up on this stopping smoking.

*Sophie Dog had such a good time with Grandma and Grandpa that she came back depressed. All of Sunday she just laid around like, "I'm not having any fun". She keeps asking us when our next "holiday" is.

*On our holiday I remembered how much I love "100 Grand" Candy bars. If you haven't had one in a while, have one.

*Did you realize we have just two weeks left of summer. You know summer is over after Labor Day which means, no more wearing white. (who goes by those rules anymore???) I am so ready for fall. Infact, I had a dream last night about putting out our decorations for Halloween. I can't wait.

10 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

When I go out for beers, I end up having 1-2 ciggies too. But then in between...NOTHING, and no craving. It's still a major change, but I'd like to improve.

pilgrimchick said...

The interesting thing is that here in England, "seasons" do not really exist. Yes, they still divide up the year by month, and they'll call a group of months together between equinoxes and solaces "seasons," but I have yet to see an actual "change." It's about maybe 68 degrees out, some clouds, rain occasionally, and it was like this in April. Fall, I'm afraid, is a long shot. At least by then, I'll be back in the US.

yankeegirl said...

Caroline- I haven't had a 100Grand in a while, that sounds good!
Keep up the good work- quitting is a process and it takes time.

Luna said...

Screw the decorations I can't wait for the HUGE bags of candy and cheaper prices on them!!!

One Messed Up Chick said...

Poor sophie LOL Keep up the good work with your non smoking. It is a work in progress!

Caroline said...

sandra--i have semi decided that when i am on holiday then i have permission to smoke. we'll see how that goes

slskenyon--i love having four seasons. i would miss them if i moved somewhere that just had one or two seasons

yankeegirl--they are good. once you have once you'll want another..beware

dfmcmunn--i agree with you. can't wait for all the candy

onecrazylady--thanks for the encouragment

Isabel said...

32 more days until fall!

SassyFemme said...

Oh I ADORE 100 Grand candy bars. They're one of the few (the minis that is) that I can't keep in the candy bowl in my office, or I'll eat them all! As for the white pants and shoes things... in SA no one followed that. I was just wondering yesterday if people still follow it up here. I'm ready for fall, but I hate giving up a few cute white things!

Just keep your determination about quitting smoking!

Minnesota Nice said...

I know it's weird and not really 'right' but if I say - that's it this is my last cigarette ever in my life, I freak out, that's too permanent.

If I know that there will be rare times and occasions that I will allow myself one as a treat, I totally relax and go for days, calmly. Ah, addiction :)

Monogram Queen said...

I go by the "white" rule LOL Sorry i'm a fashion diva ;)
Poor Sophiedog, i'm sure you will be more than glad to take another holiday and deposit her at grandma & granpa's!
I can't wait for Fall, I bought a halloween shirt today at Steinmart.