Sunday, August 06, 2006

Peaceful Pictures

Day 3. I am actually doing pretty good. I am a little bit irriatable, but I think that is to be expected. And my want for a cigarette comes in waves. I will be ok and then bam I will want one. I woke up this morning and just jumped out of bed ready to go. I really have noticed that I have more engery. It's great. Here are some pictures from this week as well as this morning.


I love this picture. The morning light with the sprinkler on. This is why we have such a high water bill. It costs to have a green lawn in the middle of a drought.











Another neat picture taken this morning of the sprinkler. So peaceful.











Here's Brady, who we call our "gay" cat. He is a male, but has more feminine qualities. For example: he crosses his legs.













Here's Brady trying so hard to open the front door. He knows the strays (aka Blackey, Mama and Baby) are just inches away. He will lay here for hours hoping that the door will magically open.

11 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Congratulations on making it this far, you're doing FABULOUS!

Pic of Brady crossing his paws is adorable!

Wendy and Karen said...

I found a site some time back called the Daily Motivator. There are several still picture "movies" that you can access from there. One is called "The Wonder of it All". Your peaceful pictures made me think of it so I thought I'd share the link: http://wonderofitall.com/. It's a little slow (as I think they want you to relax and enjoy the moment while you're watching) but the pictures and the thoughts were quite cool. Congrats on completing over 259200 seconds of smoke-free-ness! Hang in there!

Caroline said...

sassyfemme--thank you. i am feeling very good about all of this. this is the lonest i have gone..i am determined to never smoke again

wendy&karen--thanks for the site. i will have to check it out during those times of doubt.

Casey said...

Great job on the no smoking! I'm proud of you and hope you are enjoying continued success.

Lynilu said...

Yippee-skippee! You da bomb! just keep thinking in the short term! I'm *SO* proud of you!

Mrs. Dr. S. said...

Keep up the good work Caroline! You are doing awesome. I *know* how hard it is. I love your peaceful pictures. :)

Trop said...

I'm rooting for you!

Caroline said...

casey--thank you. bring on the continued success. :)

lynilu--thank you. i really needed to hear that this morning. for some reason i am struggling this morning

courtney--some days are harder then others and this morning is one of those harder days.

tropopause--thanks for being for "team caroline". :)

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm so impressed with you, day 3 is the last day that you actually have nicotine in your system -- imagine after today, you have NO NICOTINE in you, and then it's just a matter of the psychological. Take deep breaths and enjoy your freedom!!

Caroline said...

sandra--i guess i forgot that by day 3 nicotine will be out of system. YEA. congrats to you as well. and thanks again for the suggestion for this book.

Monogram Queen said...

Ha Ha Cats are patient if nothing else. Congrats on being a non-smoker!