Monday, August 28, 2006

An Evening at the Park

Today after work Laura and I decided to head out to a park close to our house to take the dog for a walk. It has cooled down enough now that we are able to go outside in the afternoon. The dog loves going for walks and we love taking her. As we were walking the air was nice and cool and there were clouds like it was going to rain at any moment. It really felt like it was October or November not August. I am loving it.

As we were leaving Laura said she needed to go to the bathroom. There were a couple bathrooms at the back of the park that we decided go drive to. As we were getting in the car I noticed there was a lady sitting in the car next to us. A minute later another car drove up right next to this lady. The lady and the guy that had pulled up got out of the car and hugged each other. Laura and I both started giggling. We knew exactly what was going on here. It seems that the two are having an affair and the back of the park is the only place they can secretly meet. I wanted to stay and watch, but Laura reminded me that it's not polite to stare.

As we were driving down to the bathrooms there was a pickup parked on the side of the road facing us as we were driving past it. We looked in the inside and there was a man in the driver seat with a woman on top of him!!!!! Can you freaking believe that? What the kind of park has this turned into? Again we broke into giggles as we drove past. When we got to the bathrooms Laura said "you better not drive back down there without me first." When we drove past we noticed that the brake lights were on as well. Again when we drove past there was some heavy duty love action going on. It was funny, but also very sad. Here it was 5:30pm and there are people having sex in their car at a very nice neighborhood park. I was tempted to drive back by the car and take a picture, but Laura said she didn't feel like being chased out of the park.

9 comments:

Casey said...

Oh. My.

Wow.

Lynilu said...

caroline - is that park south of us, close to a school you and I went to? If so . . . I stopped there under a shade tree one day between appointments and called a friend to waste time. I was astounded! there are hookers, lots of gay men hooking up, etc. A man approached my car, and I panicked, told my friend and drove off while she almost screamed at me to hurry! Scary place!

Caroline said...

casey--our thoughts exactly.

lynilu--no this park is near the lake that is right by us. i am trying to figure out which park you are talking about. it does sound like a scary place. i am not too sure if we will go back to this place again. it was just weird all around.

Minnesota Nice said...

I think they were married...to other people! I must be getting old, but doing it in a car just sounds like a good way to throw my back out.

Monogram Queen said...

Wow, have people never heard of "get a room"?? I would have been giggling too.
Cute pic of you and Sophiedog!!

Isabel said...

Sounds like an interesting day at the park.

Trop said...

When I worked in Pittsburgh, I took frequent power walks through Schenley Park. I discovered that a lot of people were enjoying a lot of "afternoon delight" during the workday.

Wendy and Karen said...

Clandestine hook-ups...how hysterical! Frankly, I think I'm past the age (or hormone level) to want to try anything too amorous in a parked vehicle. At 6'4 even the back seat would be a bit cramped for me and not appealing in the least!

I will 'fess up and say that Wendy & I did have a little spot where we'd go during our lunch hour when we first got together and make out, but that's it (innocent kisses only!). ;)

- Karen

Kitty said...

What park? I wanna watch! I know, I know Im a perv.