Friday, August 04, 2006

13 Hours

It's been just under 13 hours since my last cigarette. I have made it through the morning which I was really worried about. I usually get up in the mornings and shower and the go downstairs for my first cigarette while the dog goes outside. This morning I let myself sleep in a few extra minutes and then I went downstairs while the dog went outside. I actually had no desire to smoke and I still don't. This is amazing. On the drive into work there was some traffic and I noticed the lady in front of me was smoking. My first thought was, "I want one", but then I quickly corrected myself and reminded myself of all the good things that are coming from me not smoking.

This morning at work I am doing pretty good. 10:00am is when I usually take my first break and I am kind of thinking about how it would be nice to go outside. I need to remind myself that just because I am not smoking doesn't mean I can't go outside.

About thirty minutes ago I realized there was a pack of cigarettes in my desk. It's an open pack that is more then a year old. My neighbor Glenn (Lynilu's husband that passed away) used to give me his empty packs of cigarettes for the points. (I would save all my points and mail off for crap) He would sometimes put in an almost full pack of cigarettes. Well, I must have put this one pack in my desk and today I realized they were still there. I smelled them and then threw them in the trash. It's just 13 hours, but I am not going to throw those 13 hours away.

10 comments:

Lynilu said...

Thank you.

One Messed Up Chick said...

You are doing great!! Keep up the good work! You can do it.

Monogram Queen said...

You are doing SO good! Keep it up honey, keep it up!

Caroline said...

lynilu--your welcome

onecrazylady--thanks for the encouragment..it is greatly appreciated

patticake--i really feel i can beat this addiction this time. actually there is no choice

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm noticing that when I see people standing outside smoking that they look kinda lame. Tee hee!

Now remember if you slip just start back over, it's that easy. I'm going to re-read the book as soon as I finish it, because I know I'll need to.

Jen said...

Congratulations for getting this far...Just remember you are adding years to your life! What could be more worth it than that?
Oh,and thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! :)

yankeegirl said...

GO CAROLINE!
you can do it!

SassyFemme said...

Good for you! By now you're probably around 24 hours, and going strong! Keep up the strength and determination!

Minnesota Nice said...

Another tip that's helped me: take a yummy bubble bath and go to bed smelling all yummy as early in the evening as you can, maybe watch tv in bed...but don't stay up late, especialy those first three nights!!

Caroline said...

sandra--i know what you mean. seeing people smoking does not bother me at all. actually i feel kind of sorry for them.

jen--not only adding years, but adding money to my bank account

yankeegirl--thank you for your support

sassyfemme--there have been moments that my determination has what has gotten me through the few minutes that i am craving a smoke

sandra--i have been so tired this evening. it's only 9:30pm, but i think i am ready for bed.