Thursday, August 03, 2006

3

I have just 3 cigarettes left and then I am a non-smoker. I have finished my book and feel so powerful and ready to do it this time. The book was an excellent resource and gave me back the confidence I needed to complete this task.

I have so much to look forward to now that I will be a non-smoker. Here's a list:

*I won't smell like an ashtray
*My car won't smell like an ashtray
*I won't burn myself from not paying attention while smoking
*My teeth will not be yellow from the smoke anymore
*My lungs will finally be able to take deep breathes without all the poisons going into them
*I will physically feel better
*I won't be beating myself up because I know smoking is bad
*I will automatically save at least $110 a month
*My life insurance rates will go down as well as health insurance rates
*I won't spend my life looking forward to the next time I am poison myself

These are just a few. I have never felt more confident and ready to do this before. I tried a year and a half ago and lasted just 15 hours. I have no choice but to become a non-smoker. I can't thank Sandra enough for her post on the book I am reading. August 4, 2006 will be the day that I reclaim my life.

5 comments:

Casey said...

Congratulations for being ready to take this step!!!!!!!

I'm proud of you!!!!

SassyFemme said...

Yeah for you!!!

Lynilu said...

*Your hair, clothes and breath won't smell like an ashtray
*Food will taste better
*You will have avoided the eventual problem of burning holes in clothing, furniture or car seats
*You've extended your life
*You've made me so happy because, well, you know why.

I'm proud of you and I have happy tears in my eyes right now. Thank you.

Caroline said...

casey--thank you. i a more then ready this time

sassyfemme--thanks

comfortandjoy--thank you.

traci--went to that site and it's excellent. thanks for suggesting it

lynilu--yea, laura reminded me about not burning the couch anymore. i could have done all this without that reminder. :)

Marcie said...

Good luck to you. As a smoker myself I know how hard it is and hopefully I will be right behind you on the quitting.