Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tagged by Sassyfemme

Ok, I have been tagged by Sasyfemme. I haven't done one of these lists in a while. Enjoy.

1) When did you first start blogging and why? I first started last summer (2005). I LOVE Rosie and I saw she had what she called a blog. This was the first time I had ever heard of this. I created a blog and did one entry. Then forgot about it and couldn't find it again. So, I created another one and it has really just taken off from there. I started my blog to talk and share my experiences of being raised a JW. It has evolved into so much more. Not only am I talking about my struggles, but I also share the happiness I have found with just being me and the wonderful life I share with Laura. Orignially the title of my blog was "Ex-Jehovah's Witness and Gay". I changed that because there is so much to my life now rather then just being a ex-JW. That's why I changed it to After the Fact. I thought the title was very fitting.

2) What don't you talk about? Anything considered a no-no in your book? I think there is a lot that I don't talk about. When I first started this blog Laura was very "concerned" that our personal (yes sex) life would come up. There have been times I have said a little joke here and there, but nothing very personal or in detail. Our bedroom business is simply that; Ours. I don't talk about any arguments that Laura and I might have. It wouldn't be fair to her for people to hear just one side. I don't talk about (in detail) about my job. There are many times I want to vent about things that go on at work (typical office BS), but you never know who is reading what.

3) Are you and your blogging persona the same person? I think to some degree we are and then on other levels we aren't. I think there are times when I don't write out exactly what I am feeling due to not knowing who is reading and if it could come back and bite me in the ass. But I think overall, we're all the same. (God, it sounds like I have multiple personalities)

4) How do you use blogging to build friendships? I created my blog for a release for me. I never knew I could grow attached to people out there in bloggerland. But I find myself worried about people when I don't see them posting for a while (Courtney!!) or when they are going through something very traumatic.

5) How would you describe your writing style? I am not too sure. There are days when I know what I am going to write about and then others where I have NO idea what I am going to say. I just sit down at the computer and let my figners do the talking.

Since I got tagged, I feel obligated to tag others. So, Lynilu, Courtney, Kim, and Isabel have fun and I look forward to reading your ansers.

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

HEY!! You think I gots nuttin' to do but blog?? ;-)) And I know you know I do other things,'cause you were just here and saw the mess at the curb. All I can say about that is aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Monogram Queen said...

Good answers. I am so grateful for the friendships i've cultivated in Blogland. It really helps to get things out & read other perspectives. Happy Blogging Chick!

Isabel said...

Love your answers. :) I'll start working on mine.

Caroline said...

lynilu--can't wait to see your answers..i think

comfortandjoy--i am glad i changed the name as well..after the fact better fits what i am talking about now

patticake--happy blogging to you too

isabel--can't wait to see your answers