Monday, July 17, 2006

HOT!! HOT!! HOT!!

To say it's hot is the understatement of the year. Today we officially reached 100 degrees. Add in the humidity and it felt more like 110. You can't do anything in this weather. It really makes life miserable. I know I have been miserable these past few days. Just walking around the house feeling that familiar feeling of "cabin fever" that we get so much during the long winters. I would give my right arm for one of those cool winter days. A few years ago a local radio station played x-mas music on one of those really hot days. I swear it made the heat not so bad.

I was off work today because this was the weekend we were suppose to go camping. Luckily we decided early last week when we heard the weather forecast to not go. We had planned on taking Sophie with us. I know she would have been miserable the entire weekend. With her black hair, even shaved as low as it is now, she would have been miserable. Instead we opted for a weekend shut in our house.

Today we had grand plans to go to the pool. I woke up and was feeling a little depressed and we decided it was probably too hot to even go to the pool. Good choice. We would have fried had we gone out in this sun. Instead, I got caught up on the all the daytime tv that I miss while I am at work.

This evening I decided that I needed to get out of the house. It was near 7:30pm and I told Laura that I was going to mow the lawn. We have been watering almost everyday so the grass is still very green and continue to grow despite the heat. She wasn't completly for the idea, but I told her that I would be fine with the heat and the yard would be ok as long as we continue to water. I got it done in record time, just under 30 minutes. After mowing I walked in the house and was instructed to immediatly get in the shower. Keep in mind it was still in the 90's when I went out to mow. The air was so thick you could cut through it. Have I mentioned I hate the heat.

We ended the night with a trip up to Dairy Queen. Nothing beats a hot summer night like Dairy Queen. We weren't the only ones that had decided DQ was a good idea tonight.

So, tomorrow it's back to work. We are in for record temps rest of this week. Our poor a/c unit is working overtime. I am a warm blooded person and love the house to be nice and cool. Keeping all the shades closed and limiting how many times we go in and out the doors has really kept our house nice and cool, even with turning the temp up a little.

Hope everone else (looks like all of the US is under this heat wave) stays cool.

6 comments:

Isabel said...

It was a high of 108 today. Ick.

SassyFemme said...

It was even hot and humid up in CT! We've got the shades pulled and our poor little window AC units haven't shut off. I miss the central AC we had in TX! Dairy Queen is totally yummy! Reese's peanut butter cup blizzard is my thing there.

Monogram Queen said...

Well we're not quite as bad off as you guys are but it's usually very hot in July & August in SC. I am always SO glad for Fall to come.
Stay cool girls and DQ - Yummmmm!!!

Married Lesbian Mom said...

It has been 99 degrees the past two days here in NJ (otuside of Philly). Supposed to cool off to 90 tomorrow! Oh boy!

SassyFemme said...

Hey girl, you've been tagged! :)

Caroline said...

isabel--i feel for you. i know you guys are still working on getting a new a/c unit.

sassyfemme--my favorite from DQ is M&M's blizzard. nothing tastes better on a really warm day

patticake--i've heard sc is very, veyr humid. i don't know why kc is so humid. it's not like we have a huge body of water around us. i think if we had an ocean the humidity wouldn't feel so bad

marriedlesbianmom--sounds like you're in the same boat as us. i am looking forward to the 90 degree days

sassyfemme--just saw that and will get to that asap