Friday, July 07, 2006

Root Canal Part 2

It seems my post yesterday sent several people into a complete tizzy. It certainly was interesting reading all the comments from my supporters as well as my opposers. One quick thought: isn't America great. We can all have different opinions and thoughts on different subjects and we don't have to worry about being jailed or worse killed for simply having different thoughts. I just wish some people were more sensitive to others feelings. Being called a "swine" was not called for, but it's one of the consequences of having a blog where so many of my feelings and so much of my life are made public by choice.

Today was part two of my root canal. I wish I could say that it went as smoothly as the first appointment a week ago. This time I opted not to have the "laughing gas". I think that was a mistake. After three shots to numb my mouth the dentist started working on the tooth when "bam" I had a shock go through my entire body. He quickly realized that I was not completly numb and gave me a fourth shot. My entire left side of my face was now numb including my nose. This appointment took more time. I laid in the chair for well over an hour. My mouth was so sore from being held open. I could tell that I was not as relaxed and was nervous everytime I heard the drill coming for my mouth. The temporary crown was put on and I was sent on my way. Walking out the door I got a glimpse of myself and it looked as if I had had a stroke. Trying to move my left side of my mouth was impossible and when I took a drink of water 1/2 came out my left side of my mouth. I had every intentions of going back to work. I did make it back to work and then the numbest started wearing off. God, my mouth is so sore. I went in my boss' office to ask him something and he couldn't beleive I had come back. He asked if I had any afternoon clients. Upon hearing I had a clear afternoon he said, "why don't you go home". That was just what I wanted to hear. I had a pain pill with my name on it at home. Once home I took my pain pill and by the time Judge Judy came on I was feeling all warm and fuzzy.

Eating is another challenge. I have to softly (and I mean very softly) chew on my other side. I can't have anything too cold or too warm due to my mouth being sensitive. But I am glad it's almost over. Just one more appointment to get my permenant crown put on and I am all done. Whew!!

Dental work is expensive, even with insurance. So far I have paid $864 out of pocket for all this work. Luckily they allow me to pay part of it at each visit. Still, each time I go to the dentist I am shelling out around $288. I have learned my lesson about taking good care of my teeth and not neglecting them even for six months. I now have a toothbrush and toothpaste at work and anytime I eat something I quickly go brush my teeth.

Tomorrow we are going to Lynilu's for dinner and I am simply excited. It's going to be a good time for all.

11 comments:

Lynilu said...

Bring your toothbrush tomorrow!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Expression

to cast pearls before swine (KJV, Matthew 7:6)

1. (idiomatic) To give things of value to those who will not understand or appreciate it.

Caroline said...

lynilu-will do. can't wait for dinner. :)

Anonymous- Thank you for the Biblical interpretaion of ELF's comment. I do appreciate it, but I do think you are giving him far too much credit as evidenced by his blog.

Anonymous said...

Would that be the part of his blog where he just got a single mom a job at the company he works for?

Maybe it's the part where he calls Westboro Baptist out for being a bunch of hate-mongers.

Or the part where he thinks you should stop talking about how unfair your situation is, and do something about it.

He may be blunt and lack sauve, and by his own admission, he may be some peoples "anti-christ".

However, he is not all bad. I think you read alot more hate into his words than is there.

The guy is anti-gay, but he takes the time to come here and encourage you to get married because it makes you happy? I don't think that is hate.

Isabel said...

OUch!!!!

Lynilu said...

This is getting tiresome. A neutral ground will never be found. Let's move on.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Caroline said...

anonymous--time to move on per lynilu :)

elf--against anti-marriage is against gays.

isabel--it was a big ouch that's for sure

lynilu--i second that

Caroline said...

correction: elf--against gay marriage is anti-gay

Monogram Queen said...

Dental work is a pain on the pocket as well as the mouth! Yikes!

Minnesota Nice said...

ELF sez "I have no problems with homosexuals, as long as they keep it to themselves. I don't talk about my sex life with my wife, they don't talk it with their partner."

Ok I missed this conversation and I'm glad it's over but this attitude really riles me up. You weren't talking about sexual details, you were talking about wanting to get married - two TOTALLY different things, and there are no worse offenders of "Talking too much sexual detail" than single heterosexual men. This comment of his is utter bullshit.

Caroline said...

patticake--i agree..sometimes i wonder what the point of insurance is when they expect you to pay 60% of the cost

sandra--you should be very glad you missed this conversation. it was pretty heated at times. elf has no idea what he is talked about and it probably just scared of gays..that is why he makes such a big deal about it. i never said anything about sex..just wanting the same rights