Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday's Happenings

Today is the annual golf fund raiser for the agency that I work for. This is only the second year that I have been here and I did not go last year. I was asked a few weeks ago if I was available to come help. Really did I have a choice? I guess in past years they have had the golf tournament in September but decided to move it this year to July so it wouldn't be so hot. Huh? That made no sense to me, but ok. So, the cooler temps they were going for didn't exactly work out. Today's high is 103. I was lucky in that I only had to stay out there for a couple hours. Whew. The hottest part of the day is yet to come and I will very happily be in my office in the cool a/c. One highlight was seeing some KC celebrities. The one I was most fasinated with was Len Dawson. He was the quarterback for the Chiefs when they wont he superbowl in 1969 and is now a sports broadcaster here in KC. That was kind of exciting.

This afternoon I go back to the dentist to have my crown put on. I am so glad this part of the work is done with. I have had no pain in over a week now and it feels good being able to chew on both sides of my mouth now with no pain. I don't expect any problems with todays visit. I do have to set up the appointments for the other work that needs to be done. Fillings is all that is left, I think, I hope.

I am 1/2 way done with my book on quitting smoking. My goal is to have it done this week. I have 4 packs of smokes left and I am determined not to buy anymore. Part of me really feels free, but then there is still a small part that is kind of scared. But I know I can do it. I am tired of nicotine running my life and in a sense ruining it. So that means by the weekend I should officially be a nonsmoker. Wow. That feels good saying that.

4 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm still doing good if that helps!! I admit, I have put off finishing the book, because I'm 'scared' if that makes sense. And yet I haven't smoked. I have found I'm craving caffeine more, but that's about it.

Lynilu said...

Well, Caroline and Sandra, good for both of you! I'm proud of you both for the effort you've put into this. It isn't easy, and I realize that. Keep hanging in there.

Caroline said...

sandra--good for you. i am also getting scared about finishing the book, but i don't see a better time. i am motivated and i am pissed at how much money i have spent. i am ready to be done

lynilu--thanks for the continued support

Monogram Queen said...

I am so proud of you honey! Keep it up (and if you perchance to backslide just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again).