Monday, July 03, 2006

Boy it's HOT out there

We had a pretty laid back weekend. It was too damn hot to do anything. The high on Friday and Saturday was 97 and the yesterday it was a little cooler with a high of just 95. I felt like a Meth user because we had the house all closed up with all the shades pulled all day. Laura hates it when I keep the house all closed up like that, but I swear it keeps the house cooler during the hottest time of the day.

Saturday I went to the pool. Laura is still recovering from our weekend at the lake. She forgot to put something on her lips and had horrible fever blisters. They are finally going away now. So that meant I had to go to the pool by myself. I only stayed a couple hours because I was bored there by myself. Plus, even being in the water it was still hot. I just wanted to get back in the a/c. When I got home I went into one of my ADD moments and taped down the bathroom and primed it. Yes, it's been two months since our bathroom has been completed and we are just now getting around to painting it. It just seemed like things kept coming up and most of our weekends are booked with either camping or going to the lake. I did get the whole thing primed. Let's just hope it doesn't take us another two months to get the paint on the wall.

Good, well GREAT news about our aquarium. We moved the fish to a small aquarium we have and emptied all the water out. We then cleaned it real well and put the water back in. So, far so good. The water is crystal clear again. It looks great. It is so much easier putting water in it during the summer. We got the aquarium in February so it took us about 25 buckets of water to fill up all 28 gallons. This time we just pulled the hose in from the yard. Much, much easier. We bought all new plants and added the fish back in yesterday. They all seem happier being in clean, clear water. We are going to wait a few weeks and then go buy some more fish. Right now we only have 7 in there and we can have at least 12 in there.

I got word just a few moments ago that my job is letting us go at noon. YEA. When we were in Florida my work closed at noon on Good Friday and I kind of felt jipped.

Hope everyone has a fun, and safe 4th of July. Our neighborhood currently sounds like Iraq with all the fireworks going off. I can handle the small ones, but when they start setting off M80's it gets too loud. One of these days one of those fools is going to blow up their house or set 1/2 the neighborhood on fire.

10 comments:

Casey said...

Happy Fourth! Try to stay cool and, as always, be safe!

Monogram Queen said...

I hope y'all have a wonderful 4th! We are heading down to the MIL's when Stac gets off at 5. The whole family will be there tomorrow and I can't wait!

Lynilu said...

I'll bet they all think you're kidding about the fireworks. Well, I'm here to confirm it . . . some of those M-80s or whatever they are have literally made the windows rattle! It is awful! Poor Ali is beginning to look like a refugee, too, since he hates booms. His eyes are permanently as big as those greeting card kids. I feel so sorry for him.

Caroline said...

casey--tomorrow we are bound for the pool or lake to stay cool

patticake--you guys have fun

lunilu--our cats are going crazy. we only see ben occassionally as he is running from under the couch to downstairs

One Messed Up Chick said...

Have a great fourth of July :)

Isabel said...

Happy 4th and stay cool. :)

Caroline said...

onecrazylady--you two also have a good 4th

isabel--same to you

elf--interesting video you sent me. luckily i will probably never know what a car bomb sounds like

Anonymous said...

Dammit Caroline I love M-80's....or anything else that makes a big reverberating boom!

Caroline said...

elf--i can also agree with you on that

bigsis--sounds good for you, but not me and our 5 cats. btw..who are you?

Caroline said...

Just an FYI..I found out who Big Sis is..Laura's older sister...Thanks for stopping by Lisa.