Sunday, June 11, 2006

Weekly Pictures of our "kids"

Damn, it's Sunday night. I am dreading going back to work tomorrow. No particular reason, just would rather lay out by the pool. I did make it to the pool on Saturday. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to go because until 11am (when the pool opened) the sun kept hiding behind the clouds. Finally it came out and it was hot. The entire 2 hours we were at the pool I was in the water. So, I am happy to report that my tan continues to get better and better. We also decided that we are going to go camping again for the weekend in July and this time take Sophie. We didn't want to take her over Memorial Day weekend because she had not gotten her summer cut yet and I knew she would be hot since the temps were in the mid 90's. We decided that the tent that we just got was too small for both of us and the dog. The tent is actually not that small, but we bought a Queen size air matress and that takes up a lot of space. Thank God for that air matress otherwise we might have been home after the first night. So, we went out and got a much bigger tent that we can even stand up in. Plus, it has a little doggy door. We can't wait to try it out. God, I love camping. Well, here are some pictures of us and our "kids" over the past few weeks.
Here I am with sophie. Since getting her summer cut she is now allowed up on the couch. And believe me, she is loving every moment of it.
It's hard to tell, but Sophie and Astro are up on the couch. This picture was taken by Laura. You see, this picture is why I take the majority of the pictures. You have to know what you are looking for.
Here's Sophie very happily on the couch. What do you think of her summer cut? I like the way she looks with longer hair, but with the heat she is just misterable.
Here's Laura and Sophie. Sophie loves to have her big belly rubbed.
I just thought this was a cool picture of Bonk. I love the sun shinning in through the window. She's our oldest cat at age 19. You wouldn't believe she is 19. She runs around the house like a kitten most days. We heart her so much.

6 comments:

Isabel said...

Sophie looks good with her cut. My friend bought a tent that has a doggie room. It's a pretty big tent too. I forget where she found it.

Monogram Queen said...

Awwww they are too sweet! I like her summer cut. Reilly got scalped over the week-end and he looks like a bat but a "cool" bat LOL
We are trying to decide when we are going camping. It's rather daunting with a 20 month old!

Caroline said...

isabel--thanks for the compliment on Sophie. we are excited to go camping in our new tent

patticake--i can't imagine camping with a 20 month old. good luck to you.

Lynilu said...

I love the pictures of the kids. Of course, I get to see them in person often, but pictures hold the memories. I have to tell everyone that Sophie's cut is great. For some reason, they left a little bit of hair longer on the back of her front legs, and it stands straight back from her legs. Looks kinda like the mythical messanger to the gods (was that Mercury?) who had wings on his heels. She looks as if she might take flight any moment. And I thnk she would like that!

Minnesota Nice said...

Sophie's looks like she's either smiling or saying something in that one!

Spock said...

That am a BIG woofie! I like your kitties. How come they don't gots they own bloggie??? Fanks for comin by mine & for bein so nice. I LOVE nice visitors!