Friday, June 09, 2006

Housewife

I love summertime. There are many reasons that I love summer. One of the main reasons that I love summer is the fact that Laura is home all day. These first few days of summer vacation have been wonderful. I wake up in the morning and get ready and she has my lunch all ready to go. I love it!! I come home in the evenings and not only has she cleaned the house (including vacuming which she hates) and dinner is ready. Again, I love it. During the school year we have completely different schedules. She is up and out of the house by 6:15am. By the time she gets home she is tired. Putting up with 120 7th grades is hell on most good days. When I get home at 5pm she is just about ready for bed. She always tries real hard to stay up at least until 9pm, but there are some nights she just isn't able to make it. I can't blame her. So having her home and us on the same schedule is wonderful. She is still adjusting to her new schedule, but I bet within a few more days she will be on a "normal" schedule again.

This morning our alarm went off at 6am. I got up and wondered why I had set the alarm for 6am. I realized that I had accidently set her alarm instead of mine. I was easily able to go back to sleep, but Laura was ready to get up. I have learned that once something wakes Laura up it's hard for her to go back to sleep. Not me.

Wednesday night we had a huge crisis in our home. I thought for sure someone was going to be killed. Since Laura does not have to get as early now we decided to switch places in the bed so I would be closer to the alarm. As many of you know, we have several cats that love sleeping with us at night. Brady (orange cat) has gotten used to sleeping on my pillows. And he has learned very quickly not to sleep on Laura's pillows. Well, the whole switch up was very traumatic and confusing for Brady. For so long he was told not to get on the pillows on her side and now suddenly I am sleeping on that side and he is being told to sleep on this side. He woke Laura up 3 times Wednesday night. Because he woke her up, she inturn woke me up. I ended up turning the house upside down at 3am looking for the squirt bottle. After I found it I slept very well. But it was a rough night for all involved.

Tomorrow I am off to the pool hoping to keep up this wonderful tan I have going this year. From what Laura told me the pool water is perfect temp wise. Just let's hope it doesn't rain.

2 comments:

SassyFemme said...

I go into housewife mode during summer vacation, too. Although with my new job I "only" get 5 weeks off instead of 8 or 9. We tried switching sides of teh bed in the past, didn't work for us, and like you guys, it confused the animals!

Monogram Queen said...

I couldn't help but laugh at the "switch" poor Brady!