Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Random Thoughts

Since last Thursday I have been testing my sugars 2x a day now. Since Thursday we have also been eating better adding the all important veggies and taking out the enemey in this situation..sugar. And I am happy to report that my sugars are coming way down. I am testing my sugars in the morning (before eating) and then 2 hours after dinner. It has become part of my routine during the day now. Testing 2x a day really makes me think twice of what I am eating. In order to be within normal ranges my sugars need to be below 120 in the morning and below 180 after a meal. On Friday my sugars were 139 in the morning and then 208 two hours after our dinner. Yesterday my sugars were 145 in the morning and then after dinner they were 114. Mine tend to be higher in the morning for some reason. I was shocked to see the 114 last night after dinner. I tested twice to make sure it was correct. I keep asking Laura if I can test her sugars, but she is being a big baby and is afraid of the needle. Actually it doesn't hurt that much. I am suppose to change the needle everytime, but I have been using it 2-3 times. Those little suckers are expensive. I have noticed that the more I use the needle the more it hurts when it pokes me.

On Sunday we made our usual trip to Walmart for groceries. As we were pulling out I turned to Laura and said,"there's my Mom's car." Right then my Mom and my 12 year old nephew came walking out of the store. I said Hi to my nephew and my Mom looked over smiling and the noticed it was me and turned around and stopped smiling. I very politely said, "Hi Mom". Without looking at me she said, "hello". We then drove off. A few things here. 1) It was Sunday morning at 10:45am. Why wasn't my Mom in church? If her religion has suddenly become so important then why isn't she in church? I know for a fact that her church is from 10am-noon. Interesting. 2) My brother is currently fighting for full custody of my 12 year old nephew. Now, my nephew's Mother has been the only person supporting my nephew his entire life. She has never been able to depend on my brother for anything. I saw my Mom and nephew two weeks ago and then this past Sunday. Why is my nephew spending all his weekends with my parents when it's my brothers weekend? As usual my brother has let his oldest son down. Thank goodness for my nephew's Mom. At least with her my nephew has a chance at being a heathly adult. I think currently my brother is at least $10,000 behind in child support. He cant' support just himself let alone 4 kids.

7 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Well, she said "Hello" maybe that is a small step. Sad. Remember Don't ever give up. And four kids, your brother needs to be reminded what a condom is LOL (sorry if I sound rude)

One Messed Up Chick said...

That is good news about your sugar!! Keep up the good work!

Minnesota Nice said...

They'd better not give him custody, he only wants it to avoid paying support.

Good work on the sugar, can you get one of those things that reads your levels without getting poked?

Caroline said...

patticake--i agree with you about the whole condom thing. either that or he needs to be "fixed".

onecrazylady--thanks. all in all i do feel better

sandra--i have never heard of a thing where you can test your sugars w/o getting poked? will have to look into that.

SassyFemme said...

When Fran went for her diabetes class she learned that if you reuse the needles they become more painful because little spurs come up in them. They look really nasty painful if you see the hugely magnified picture of them. Check whether or not your insurance covers them. With Fran's if she gets a Rx from her dr. for it, then they're covered like a perscription.

Caroline said...

sassyfemme--since i have not used them more then once it isn't hurting as much. everything is covered under my insurance. the co-pay is a little high, but not too bad. i think i was just mainly bitching.

Minnesota Nice said...

I found it, it's called a One Touch Ultra, and BB King advertises that he can play guitar better since he doesn't have to poke his fingers! No idea if insurance covers it, but it sounds like a good invention.