Thursday, June 15, 2006

I Hate When That Happens...

I have a tendency to wake up in the middle of the night and react in terms of the dream I was just having. For example: Last night Laura got up around 3am to go to the bathroom. When she was coming back in I noticed that she went back to the bathroom and turned the light on and then turned it off quickly and started walking back to the bed. Startled, I said, "Laura what is going on?" I think what startled me was the fact that it seemed like she was turning the light on and off. To make matters worse I had just had a dream that someone had slashed my tires. Since I do this (react in strange ways when I wake up) often Laura knows how to handle it. At first I think she was very startled by my reactions when something would wake me up in the middle night. She has learned not to take anything I say when I first wake up personally.

So, Laura came back to bed and would you believe I was wide awake now. Well, we both were. I tried hard to go back to sleep, but my feet were hot. I am the type of person that needs to have her feet outside of the covers or they get very hot. Plus, Ben was sleeping next to me and wouldn't budge at all. And I hate to distrub a sleeping cat. Plus, Ben gets very angry when he has to move when he's sleeping. So, I laid there and laid there. Laura and I would occasinally have a small conversation, but then we would both try to get back to sleep. After about 20 minutes she said she was going to turn on the tv. I then decided I might as well go have a cigarette. When I came back to bed Laura turned the tv off and we tried again to go back to sleep. By 4:03am we were both laughing so hard because we couldn't get back to sleep. We even talked about maybe having sex since sometimes we will go to sleep after that. At one point Laura thought there was a cat stalking us via the tv. She thought she saw what appeared to be 2 cats eyes in the tv. After some investigation on our part we realized it was the reflection of our security system in the tv. It's amazing the things you think you see or hear in the middle of the night. At some point after that I fell asleep. I thought Laura had as well.

As I was getting in the shower Laura informed me that she did not get to sleep until after 5am. She somehow blamed me for her not being able to get back to sleep. Huh? I do believe she was the one that woke me up in the first place. All day I have heard how she is so tired since I was the reason she couldn't go back to sleep.

I hate it when I am so tired and I have no big stories to share as to why I am tired. Let's hope for a better nights sleep tonight.

5 comments:

SassyFemme said...

You shoulda just gone for the sex, then you'd both be tired, but at least with a smile on your faces! LOL

Lynilu said...

You two are a hoot! That's all I can say!

Caroline said...

sassyfemme--i tried real hard to convince laura for the sex, but i think i fell asleep in the middle of asking her for it.

lynilu--we aim to amuse you.

Isabel said...

I hate that. Waking up in the middle of night for no reason and not being able to fall asleep. I try listening to relaxing music and it doesn't work.

Hope you get a good nights sleep.

Lynilu said...

"i think i fell asleep in the middle of asking her for it." Well, honey, you continue to amuse me!!!!