Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just One More Day To TGIF

I am tired!! One week of not sleeping well and then adding emotional stress equals one very tired girl. When the alarm went off today I prayed that it was Saturday. Once I came to it, I realized that it was only Thursday AND I had to go to a conference today.

The conference was completly boring and a waste of my time. Thank God I had one of my co-workers there with me. The conference was on diversity. My boss called me last night at 7pm to inform me that the other reason my co-worker and I were sent to this conference was so we could learn all about diversity and take back what we have learned and "train" all the other staff on it. WTF? Thanks for waiting til the last minute to tell me. Anyway..my co-worker and I did not learn anything new and found it very boring. Sitting in a room with 60 other social workers I realized that some of these people really need to get a life. How can you be that excited at 9am about diversity. It was a struggle just keeping my eyes open. The one good thing: the conference got out at 3pm, so we got to go home 2 hours early. Which mean, I got to watch Judge Judy. YEA.

Ben continues to adjust to life back in the house. He is going to the door more often when I let the dog out. He is acting like he wants to go outside with the dog. Hopefully this phase will not last too long. He slept with us most of the night. It was so confronting to have him between us. Just putting my hand on him and feeling him breathe was so nice. He did venture into the bathroom this morning. He has been avoiding it since he returned.

Tomorrow is Friday and I couldn't be happier. We are scheduled for a date night. Since I was pretty much worthless for a week, I have some making up to do for Laura. It was as if I checked myself out of this relationship for a week. Thank goodness Laura was understanding and loving throughout all of it.

I think I need a nap before bedtime. As long as I can stay up for Survivor then I will be ok. After that, I can not guarantee anything.

5 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Just catching up on blog reading. I'm so glad you found Ben!!!!!

Minnesota Nice said...

Everyone at my company has to take Diversity training once a year "whether they need it or not". Unfortunately the people who really need it sit there rolling their eyes the whole time and just go back to their offices making more racist/sexist cracks than ever. It's only done so the company can brag about it...nothing changes, and yeah it's a waste of time.

One Messed Up Chick said...

So what did you think of what happen at the cast off (survivors) tonight?? I was shocked, thats not how I thought it was going to go! :) glad its almost friday too!!!!!!!

Isabel said...

I hate training days. I always fall asleep during those.

Glad Ben is adjusting well. :)Have fun on your date night.

Mrs. Dr. S. said...

Welcome home Ben! I'm so glad you found him.

Happy weekend! This was one week that I was really, really happy that I have Friday's off. It was an adjustment coming back to work this week.

What have you got planned for date night? I hope you both have a wonderful time. We have a date night planned on Saturday, we're going to a ball game - I am so excited!

Hope you two have a wonderful weekend!