Friday, May 26, 2006

Camping, Anniversary & Birthday

What a busy weekend we are going to have. I am so excited about everything though. We finished packing last night and getting everything ready for our camping trip this weekend. This morning I dropped the dog off at her luxuary hotel. For real, this place is nicer then some of the places we have stayed before. But I always feel very good about leaving her there and never worry about her care. As I dropped her off the lady asked if I had seen the pool for the dogs??? She then showed me this 2ft. deep pool where the dogs can go swimming. Can you believe that? I also enrolled Sophie in Daycare Sat., Sun., and Monday. She hasn't been around other dogs much and I know it's good for her socialization skills. When I pick her up on Tuesday they will give me a report card as to how she did. Like I have mentioned before, this place realizes how important our dogs are and they treat them like they are Kings and Queens.

We are expecting near perfect weather this weekend. We will be traveling about 2 1/2 hours south east of KC for our camping. Tomorrow will the warmest day with temps in the high 90's and very humid. Sunday and Monday will be cooler with less humidity. Looks like we will be spending a lot of time in the lake. I can't wait.

Sunday is our 2nd anniversary. I can tell you, I have never been in a relationship where after 2 years it's still as exciting as our first date. The only relationship that I have had that has lasted more then 2 years was my ex-husband. Within one month after getting married I knew I had made a terrible mistake. But the good JW girl I was, I tried to make it work. Glad I finally quit trying to make it work. Laura and I met three weeks before our first date. While we were on our first date I knew I would be with her for the rest of my life. She has filled my life with happiness, peace and lots of fun. I can't imagine my life without her. She is the love of my life and my best friend. My favorite times with her are in the evenings when we will just sit and talk. We always have so much fun.

Monday is my birthday. YEA. My co-worker put a small b-day cake in my office today because she knows how much I LOVE birthday cake. Another co-worker asked if today was my b-day and I said no and that Monday was. She then said with a smile, "not everyone gets their birthday off." I then reminded her that my b-day if a national holiday. :)

We will be home Monday afternoon and I am looking forward to my birthday dinner of cake. See, I told you I love b-day cake. Ragged wrote out 37 reasons why life is great on her b-day. so, this gives me 3 days to think of 33 reasons why life is so great.

Have a safe weekend everyone.

10 comments:

Zoe said...

Happy Birthday!

Sounds like you're going to have a great weekend. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

HAVE TONS OF FUN!!!!!!!!!

One Messed Up Chick said...

Have a great vacation. and happy birthday to you!

Caroline said...

zoe--thank you..my plan is for an awesome, awesome weekend.

lyn--thank you..don't forget to keep an eye on our house...(thanks"!!!)

onecrazylady--we will have a great vacation and thank you for the b-day wishes

Monogram Queen said...

The doggy palace sounds great! I am so paranoid about my pets i'm lucky my Dad takes care of them for me when i'm out of town.

Yay for you & Laura's anniversary and mmm.. birthday cake. I love-love-love birthday cake. Vanilla with white icing. Nice buttercream icing made with shortening. Oh shoot now i'll have to scout out a bakery this week-end cos' i'm jonesing! Y'all have a WONDERFUL week-end and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY Sweetie!

Isabel said...

Happy Birthday! Have a nice vacation and have fun. The dog hotel sounds really nice. Looks like Sophie will have a nice relaxing weekend too.

pack of 2 said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I hope you are having a great weekend. We are one week off...my birthday was last Monday!

I just caught up on your posts. Sorry about the mom thing...I hope you are feeling better!

Have a wonderful bday!

Shelly

Mrs. Dr. S. said...

Happy birthday and happy anniversary!

Caroline said...

patticake--the doggie place is an awesome place. we usually have laura's parents take care of the dog, but they went out of town this weekend also.

isabel--the dog did have a relaxing weekend. but i think she is also very veyr tired.

packof2--my b-day was indeed wonderufl.

courtney--thank you for the b-day and anniversary wishes

Trop said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed camping. We thought about you a lot while camping this weekend. The heat was unbearable and it sure made setting up/dismantling camp a chore.