Monday, April 03, 2006

We Should Not Be Allowed In Barnes & Noble

Tonight we decided to go out to dinner. I think the "vacation" mind set has already set in for us. Why cook when someone else can do the cooking for us?? After dinner I told Laura that I wanted to stop at Barnes & Noble to pick up a book for the trip. Ever since graduate school, I have had a hard time getting back in the habit of reading for fun. I really want to read "Find Me" by Rosie O'Donnell.

We get to B&N and they don't have my book. But they were nice enough to tell me they can order it and it will be here in a week. No thanks. So, what to read now? I ended up buying the book "Honeymoon with my brother". Heard it was really good. We'll see.

I realized one important thing tonight. I learned why we don't go to B&N more often. By the time we left we ended up spending $81. Important note: I need to stay out of book stores. They are very dangerous.

We did however find a very cool travel journal. I guess that is the good side.

I can't believe it.....5 days.

4 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Find me is a great book. When you get back from your most needed vacation, you'll have to read it!

Zoe said...

We are also very dangerous in book stores. I'm very glad we recieved many, many gift cards for Christmas.

Isabel said...

I love Barnes and Noble. I have a membership card so I get 10% off. Woo hoo! And another yay for 5 more days.

Caroline said...

onecrazylady--i can't wait to read it. i may order it today and have it shipped overnight

zoe--i used to work in a bookstore...i loved it cause I could read while i was at work. but now they expect me to pay for the books.

isabel--they asked me last night about that card, but i said no. i dont' know if we coudl get any benefit from it