Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I Voted!!


Today was election day in Kansas City. It actually was kind of excitintg. There were only 3 things on my ballot. One was for school board and the other two have to do with our baseball and football stadiums. Kansas City is unique in the fact that our baseball (Royals) and football (Chiefs) stadiums are right next to each other. In their day they were beautiful and state of the art. That was 30 years ago. They really need some help in updating them and making them great stadiums again. The city has been fighting over how much money to spend on the repairs. I think they have been fighting over this for 10 + years. If they had done the repairs ten years ago it would have saved them millions. The other part of the vote was to have a rolling roof that would go over both stadiums. They are doing this in hopes of getting a SuperBowl or All-Star Game. Kansas City was promised the Superbowl in 2015 if this does pass. I hope it passes. If it doesn't we have a chance of losing both teams. I can't imagine Kansas City without the Royals or Chiefs.

Most people don't get that excited about voting, but I LOVE voting. Every time there is an election I make sure I go and vote. As a Jehovah's Witness you are forbidden from voting. It goes along with the whole neutrality thing. (I think JW's are trying to be like Switzerland) I think it's funny how they want nothing to do with politics, but they love the benefits they reap from those pollitics. When a JW says they are neurtal, do not believe them. It is impossible not to have an opinion on some of the political things going on. You should have heard some of the things JW's I knew were saying about Clinton. I kept thinking..I thought they were suppose to be neurtal.

Today is also a big day for the fact that "Brokeback Mountain" comes out on DVD. We have already bought our copy to watch tonight. I can't wait to see it again. I think our theme this week is "All Gay..All Week". On Thursday we are going to be watching Rosie's "All Aboard" on HBO. And then we are heading off to the gayest place in the US...Key West. All I see is rainbows. Life certainly is good.

6 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

I didn't know that JWs don't vote. Very interesting!! I love voting too. Gives ya the right to complain if your candidate loses.

Minnesota Nice said...

Ooh a really good movie for your movie week is called "A Touch of Pink" HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! Cute, funny, and a good coming out story to boot.

Casey said...

I love, love, love to vote! I can't imagine not exercising this right.

Good for you for voting!!

Isabel said...

I netflixed Brokeback Mountain. I should get it in the mail tomorrow.

pack of 2 said...

We love voting too.
I'm sure many JW went to vote against gay rights in the last election.

We still haven't seen Brokeback Mountain...can you believe that?

Shangie

Caroline said...

sandra--jw's don't vote, but they still feel they can complain about how things are..will have to watch that movie..thanks for the suggestion

casey--now that i am voting, i can't imagine not voting either

isabel--let me know how you like the movie...watched it again last night and it's still soooo good

packof2--i can't believe you haven't seen it. go rent it..it's excellent