Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Back in The "Real World"

Well, I am almost done with my first day back as a productive member of society. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. When Laura got up this morning I got up shortly after her to make her lunch. I was in a horrible mood. And I was so tired. It had been almost two weeks since I had to get up before it was light outside. I usually stay up until she leaves, but today I made her lunch and headed back up to bed. I was so depressed. It's hard going back to work after having such a great time on vacation.

When I got up to go to work my mood was much better, thank goodness. I think I was ready to get back on a schedule. Ok, that's a lie, but that is what I told myself as I was driving to work. Before even going to the office I had a meeting at 9am. I wasn't able to contribute much to this meeting since I had been out for a week. I was anxious to get to the office and start sorting through all the emails I had. I had more then 300 emails on my office email when I got back. Most were junk mail, so that was good.

I forgot to mention something about our trip. While we were in Key West I was talking with one of the ladies in one of the many shops we stopped in. I asked if she knew where the Real W orld-Key West house was. She proceeded to go on for about ten minutes about all the stories about Real World. She said that they were all on a schedule and that it was even scheduled when they would go out to dinner. She also said that they would call ahead and the restaurant would be cleared when they would show up. She said it was not "real", but all set up. I kind of knew that with the Real World, but it's still fun to watch. Turns out the house was in a neighborhood part of Key West and she said we would never find it, even if we tried. She also told us MTV rented the house for six months with the price tag of $1 Million dollars. I thought it was funny all she was telling us. You never know what you can believe out there. I truly believe when the Real World first came out it was not like it is now.

Well, we are back to our normal weekly favorites. Tonight is wings night at Wild Buffalo Wings. You can't beat 35 cents per wing. It's my job to stop on the way home to pick up the wings. So, that's where I am off to now.

3 comments:

Mailyn said...

oh you went to Key West? I'm in Miami. Never been a fan of the Keys. Then again I'm not even a fan of Miami. God I hate this place! LOL

(^_^)

Caroline said...

mailyn--we didn't like miami at all. just driving around it on the turnpike was crazy. i can't imagine actually driving around the city. why don't you like the keys..they are beautiful.

Sublime said...

I wish I was in Key West right now laying by the pool and sipping a strawberry daiquiri.

Glad you had a nice trip!
Sublime