Thursday, March 23, 2006

April 24

I guess we really are going through with all the remodeling. We picked a company to do the construction on our bathroom and other small things throughout the house. Laura called them this morning and they will be out April 24. HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess we are going out this weekend to spend lots of money at Home Depot. We need to pick out our new bathtub, pick up the tile we ordered, get the new sink and vanity, get the new toilet. So much to do.

My job today is to call the garage door people and set up a time for them to come out and put in the new garage door. Hopefully I won't panic too much. I think what I am so nervous about is the amount of money we are going to be spending. And you know there are always little extra's along the way.

It's a three day project which means we will probably have to spend one or two nights in a hotel. With only bathroom, it becomes a problem when the tile is setting and the toilet has not been placed back in it's spot yet. I don't know if I would want to be there anyway since they start working at 7am. That means I would have to wake up with Laura and not go back to sleep. At least in a hotel I can sleep in until my normal time.

I am nervous about all of this, but I do know it will probably all work out for the best. We'll have a completly new bathroom in the end. Plus other odds and ends; like new light fixtures throughout the house and an island in the kitchen. But I am still so damn nervous.

6 comments:

Geeky Dragon Girl said...

During our remodeling project, it took 4 MONTHS to finish, and we had to live there while it was taking place. I think I'm still coughing up drywall dust. *gak-cough-splutter*

Zoe said...

That's so exciting. I haven't even been able to pick out a paint color for the kitchen in 2 years time, I can't imagine remodeling.

One Messed Up Chick said...

Cant wait to see pictures posted!

Isabel said...

How exciting though. Take pictures of the progress.

Casey said...

Wow! That's coming up soon! Here's hoping it goes better than expected.

Caroline said...

geeky dragon--oh, please don't let it take that long.

zoe--laura and i continue to argue over the color we are going to paint the bedroom.

onecrazylady--will post pictures as we go along

isabel--we are excited..will take lots and lots of pictures.

casey--it is coming up soon. i think everything will work out.