Friday, March 24, 2006

Weekend Plans

Everything is coming together fo easily for this whole "remodel" thing we have decided to venture into. We will be getting our new garage door a week from Saturday. For some reason I am the most excited about this. I don't know why, but I am. Our current garage door is so loud when it's opened. You can't miss anyone coming in quietly. Our bedroom is right above the garage, so it's hard to sleep through the door going up. We are also thrilled about getting a keyless entry to the garage door. I am always afraid that we will lock ourselves out of the house. Now, no worries.

We also decided to get our trees trimmed. They have needed to be trimmed for about four years now. Four years ago we had a MAJOR ice storm. They trees were so damaged. We have a total of 5 trees in the yard. I did learn something new yesterday about our trees. I guess 4 are Maple and one is an Elm. The Elm is the worst off. And it's right in the front by the driveway. Last spring I went home for lunch and it was windy and a huge limb came down on the room of my car. I always worry when we have high winds or bad storms. I am always worrying that the tree will just fall down on the house or the street. Anyway...I called someone to come out and give us an estimate on the trees and it will cost $1200 to have them all trimmed. Seems kind of high doesn't it?? Well, four years ago after the ice storm I had an estimate done and it was also $1200. We decided this is something that probably can't wait. They will be out on Monday to trim the trees.

Our plans this weekend are to buy the supplies for the bathroom, schedule someone from Home Depot to come measure our counters in the kitchen for the new countertops. We also are going to buy an elicipal trainer. (sp?) We decided it would better for us to have the equipment at our house instead of paying for a gym membership. Oh, and hopefully we'll have a little sex going on this weekend. Opps...did I say that out loud?

Did I mention we got HBO? I called and got it last night since Rosie has a special about their Gay Cruises on April 6th. We have checked out her cruises and we want to go on one of their cruises either next February or next summer. How cool would that be to go on a cruise with Rosie O'Donnell????

4 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Oh I love Rosie, that is our goal in life before we pass on. To go on one of her cruises. I read Rosie's blog everyday! :) We just got cable ourselves. But dont have HBO. You'll have to post about it after you watch it and tell us if it was good !! have a great day!

SassyFemme said...

$1200 does sound kind of high for tree work. Did you get more than one estimate?

Let me know how you like the work Home Depot does. If we buy this house we'll be needing major kitchen and bathroom work done.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this info would be beneficial, but when we were looking at trimming trees and even taking two down, I contacted our insurance agent because of the cost. He recommended leaving everything as is unless they were sick or damaged as our homeowners would cover any damage to our home and if our tree hit the neighbors, their homeowners would cover.

Caroline said...

onecrazylady--i also read her blog daily. i will let you know how the program is.

sassyfemme--our trees are HUGE and we have 5 of them. We were expecting to pay this much..it's still hard when you hear that amount

anonymous--we haved lived 4 years thinking "if it fell on the house or something else we would be covered". but the one tree that needs it the most if by the tree. if it feel in the street we would have to pay a lot more to have it hauled away.