Saturday, January 07, 2006

Missing Winter

Today was the day to take down all our outside Christmas decorations. We had planned on doing this last weekend, but it was crazy with New Years Eve and all. So, this morning I woke up, got on my coat and went outside. Here's the crazy thing. It was almost 60 degrees outside. What is going on? I thought this was winter and the last time I checked it was January, not March. Taking down the decorations I thought it was spring time, not the dead of winter.

I miss winter. I miss the cold days and even colder nights. I hate waking up in the middle of the night and be HOT. I should be waking up and freezing and turning the heat up. Instead, there are some days where I wonder if we are going to have to turn on the air conditoning. I want our house to look like this picture. I want snow drifts so high that you can't even see the house. My Fathers parents lived in Northern Minnesota. So, growing up we would always visit them over our x-mas break. I loved it. There was so much snow around that a small child could easily get lost. It was not uncommon for it to start snowing at my Grandparents and not stop for 3-4 days. How cool would that be. I used to always say I would move to Minnesota in a heartbeat. I have always been a lover of winter. The days filled with endless sunshine and temps in the 90s is just not for me. I prefer cool, cloudy days and snow. Don't get me wrong, I love the beach, but that is just for vacation. I don't know if I could live in a climate that is always warm and sunny.

So, please pray for me that winter will return to Kansas City. I think one more big snow fall will be good for me. Plus, with it being warm all winter how will we notice the temperature change when we do go to Florida in April.

4 comments:

Isabel said...

I've always liked fall and winter also. I don't like being hot. No thank you. Love the overcast days. So i'm sending you good vibes and hoping for one last snow fall for you.

Francesca said...

Ah well...I guess "Invisible Island" is not for you! It NEVER snows here...and I dare not tell you what the weather is like today....(it's gorgeous!!!!!).....

;)

I went to Minnesota for the first time last year...it's a nice place and the people seem nice, too!

Caroline said...

sweet angel--thanks for the good vibes...keep them coming..it's sunny and 50 day

francesca--i am sure i would love "invisible island" for a couple weeks,but I don't know about forever. Who knows though..

SassyFemme said...

Even though you know how much I want winter, too, I think I'll pass on snow drifts quite that high! I'll just tell Mother Nature to send them your way!