Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Neighborhood going bad...



We were given another reason last night that our neighborhood is getting worse each and every day. This is a picture of some stupid fuck that decide it would be easier to get away from the police by jumping out his hotel window. Apparently he called 911 and said that there were people after him and he had a loaded gun. Of course the police surrounded the hotel, which is about 2 minutes from our house. Well, what this stupid fuck did not think about was that his room was facing a major highway. So, at rush hour yesterday this highway was literally shut down. Thank goodness I did not go in yesterday because I travel that highway and I would have been stuck in traffic for hours. Being sick and stuck in traffic is not a good thing. They showed the video on the news last night and he even kicked out the window below him. His uncle got on the news and said, "My nephew is not mentally stable and has been using PCP." Really? I would have never guessed. I wonder about some people sometimes.

This is one of the many signs we have that our neighborhood is getting bad. It used to be a very nice neighborhood, but not now. In the last week here are some of the things that have gone on in and around our neighborhood:

1) A guy went up to the McDonalds right down the street and ordered an extra Value meal. Then returned with a gun and robbed them at gunpoint. At least he got his Big Mac.

2) A storage unit right down the street was robbed. (one of our neighbors happen to be there buying boxes at the time) How much money do you think you are going to get from a stoarge unit place?

3) A group of men went through the Osco down the street and kind of took over the store and robbed them at gunpoint.

Laura and I have talked about moving and I think it's something we need to seriously talk about again. Either that, or hook up our security system again. Maybe I would feel more protected if we had a two car garage, but we don't. Maybe I would feel more secure if we had a dog that would attack if someone came in the house. But we don't. At best, Sophie would lick the person to death. Although, after she's been in the liter box her breath is pretty deadly. The other night I had to run out at 8:30 to pick up a new bulb for our fish tank. Well, I had bought a new one that day and it was 40watts. I needed a 15 watts. The temp of the tank went up 15 degrees in 10 minutes. So, last Thursday I ran out to get a new bulb. It was so cold and they can't go without the light. Laura was throwing a fit because I went out late at night. I had to call her when I got in the store, when I got back in my car and when I arrived on our street. I guess she is right to be concerened.

6 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Yikes, sounds like a scary place to be. Laura's smart to have you check in with her when you're out alone at night!

pack of 2 said...

I agree with sassy...um...Hi Sassy:)

The drug situation makes people do the craziest things. We have a big problem with meth in Oregon & see crazy people tweeking out all the times in certain areas of town...it's very sad & we all pay the price.

Be safe!!!

Shelly

Caroline said...

I forgot to mention something about the bulb for the fish tank. It's only a 5 gallon tank, so when I put in the 40 watt bulb it lit up the entire room. We had to close our eyes to walk in the room. We almost had fried guppy for dinner. :)

Francesca said...

Oh dear!...Doesn't sound good about the neighbourhood, at all. Seems to be happening everywhere in one form or another.

Be careful.

Nap Queen said...

Eeeek, that sounds kinds scary. I'd lend you our dogs. They hate people coming into the house and would probably bite them. Great for security, bad for entertaining :)

Melissa said...

Oh the ghetto-fication of neighborhoods... it's time to get out of ours, too. Actually, it was never time to move in, we just didn't know it. Be careful out there.