Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Comes Early

I know it's been a couple of days since either Laura or I have posted. Let me explain. As many of you know I started feeling sick on Thursday. Well, by Saturday morning I was really sick. I was congested, tired all the time and just not in a good mood. I stayed in bed most of Saturday even though we had company. Saturday afternoon our 8 year old nephew came over and we watched him while his parents (Laura's sister & brother-in-law) finished their Christmas shopping. Laura was so cute because she went out and bought these sun catchers for BL to paint and give to the family. He was so excited. About 30 minutes after BL was here, I headed up to bed. I came down a couple times to eat some of the freshly baked cookies they had made, but that was about it. Then Sunday I was in bed until 11am. I had every intention of going to work today because I am taking two days off next week,but I woke up this morning and was still feeling horrible. I said, fuck it, I am calling in. I am feeling better this evening, so let's hope I continue to feel better. Oh, yesterday Laura's Dad called to see how things were going with us and I talked to him for a few minutes. He told me, "if Laura is not taking good care of you, just call me and will straighten things out". He is so sweet. He has nothing to worry about. Laura always takes good care of me when I am sick.

So, today before Laura got home I went online to balance our checkbook. I do this everyday because I hate little (or sometimes big) surprises. Usually our checkbook is within 10 cents. Well, I noticed that there was one check for a large amount of money. Last week she had given me two check numbers that she had written and the amounts. And this amount did not add up to those two checks. I was concerened. So, I called her and she was not happy. Apparently I was not suppose to balance the checkbook until after Christmas so I would not realize she had written just one check, not two. I don't remember telling her that I would not, but I guess I was not suppose to.

So, after she got home I could tell she was upset. I just kind of kept out of her way. She then called me into the kitchen. She was looking at me kind of strange and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I happen to turn around and on the counter sat a new digitial camera. She said, "this was the surprise." First of all, I never would have figured out it was a camera because she had told me that she couldn't find one within our price range and that I was going to have to wait and we would just get one before Florida. I was so happy. You don't know how long I have wanted one. My Laura is so wonderful. We are going to save a fortune on film and devoloping because I always had to get the disc to upload the pictures.

I was feeling guilty because I had opened one of my gifts and I felt she should open one of hers. She knew which one she wanted because she knew I was getting her new stainless steel pots and pans. So, she went for a box thinking that was it. I said, "No, that's not it..it's the bigger one over here." She was not suprised because she knew she was getting them. But still, she is very happy. And when Laura is happy, everyone is happy. Let's just hope we don't open rest of the gifts before Christmas morning.

And that my friends, is why Christmas came early at our house.

4 comments:

Francesca said...

lol!

I love it!!!!!

You two are completely adorable!!! I am going to be VERY surprised if you both don't get to open all of your gifts before the 25th!

Very nice pressies, too! I love how the two of you seem to treat each other. You show what love should look like. That is special.

I'm gald you are feeling better. I was beginning to wonder as the two of you have been a bit quiet on the blogs.

Major hugs for the both of you!

;)

Isabel said...

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Awww, nice gifts you guys exchanged. Now more presents until Christmas. :)

pack of 2 said...

We ALWAYS open prsents before Christmas.

Can't wait to see the new camera pictures.

I would be happy about the pots too.

Shelly

Caroline said...

Last year we didn't even make it to Thanksgiving before opening a few gifts. But it was my first x-mas. So, I am proud of us that we made it til the week of x-mas. I am having a ball with the camera. Hopefully tonight (if I am not too tired) I will post some pictures. I took a cute one of Laura this morning. She is holding up two fingers since she just has two days left before break. Plus, she looked very cute. Too bad she didn't have another 20 minutes.