Friday, November 25, 2005

Turkey Day and Shopping

So, our Thanksgiving was wonderful. We went to Laura's family and had a wonderful day with her family. At dinner were Laura's parents, her older sister and her family (husband and 2 kids) and her younger sister and her fiance. We also got to see Landon who is now 3 months old and getting cuter each and every day. Also, her Dad's brother and wife were there. It was a wonderful time, with lots of good food. I swear, I have never had anything her Mother has made that was not good. Both Laura and I were proud of ourselves because we did not go overboard with eating. We ate until we were full, and then stopped. Laura's Mom makes the best mashed potatoes. I have never had such good potatoes. She makes them with lots of butter and real cream. (I am getting hungry just thinking about them)

Thanksgiving morning stated out by us going and doing a little shopping. K-Mart and Big Lots were open, so we decided to go and see what kind of sales they were having. We found some stuff that her Mom and sister wanted to buy for the kids. (they live about an hour from the closest K-Mart of Big Lots) When we came home and were getting ready to leave I had noticed that Laura was not wearing her normal pair of jeans. As it turns out, her "favorite" pair of jeans no longer fit her. She was thrilled. Well, just to see, I tried on her jeans that no longer fit her to see if they fit me. (my jeans are too big also and it looks like I am swimming in them now, but have not gone out and gotten a new pair yet) Well, to my delight and surprise, her jeans now fit me. I was THRILLED!!!!!!! Finally, I am noticing the weight loss. It made me feel so good. The jeans fit, but you at times can be a little tight. (bending over, sitting etc) So, they are nowmy inspiration at the gym. My goal is for them to be real comfy come Christmas.

This morning we woke up at 4am to go do some shopping. Best Buy was having some awesome deals as was Kohls. Well, we got to the shopping center where both were and could not believe the line at Best Buy. At 4:30am there must have been 2,000 people waiting to go inside at 5am. It was fucking crazy. Laura, who has gone out many times the day after Thanksgiving couldn't believe it either. So, we decided to go to Kohls first. That line only had about 500 people waiting. Once inside I was shocked at how rude some people can be. I was walking back to the area that i needed to go and people about ran me over. I then realized that I needed to pick up my pace. Afterwards, we went back to BestBuy and there were no lines, outside the store. Once inside, it was fucking nuts. The line to check out went from the front of the store and went all the way back to the back of the store. We left and went to Walmart.

So, this morning was quite an experience. We got home around 8am and slept until noon. Then it was back to the gym. My body thanked me very much for the day off yesterday from working out.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Oh, and by the way, don't you just love my Laura. That comment she wrote was so sweet. She is a doll. Well, time to put up the Christmas tree.

8 comments:

Francesca said...

I really glad your Thanksgiving was great!

There must be some bloody amazing sales going on at the stores for people to get up THAT early to go shopping! I can't imagine bearing those obnoxious crowds!!! I guess it's tradition, eh?! ;)

Again, glad you had a super Thanksgiving!...Oh!...and congrats on the weightloss!...You and Laura need to coach ME! I've been doing terribly on that front!

Hugs!

Caroline said...

Yes, it was great. There were some good sales...Bestbuy had a computer for $150 and lots of other things...

Francesca said...

$150??!!!!!!

Are you pulling my leg?!!!

I can't even find a computer for $1500 where I live! Are you sure that's not a typo?!!!

Caroline said...

Nope. It really was $150. That is why people were getting up so early.

Francesca said...

Okay, I guess it does all make sense now...but I still can't see myself getting out of bed that early to stand in line and deal with the frenzy...I'd be sure to go postal on someone! lol

(I don't even like when there is more than one other person in the aisles when doing grocery shopping...Ain't I a selfish bird?! lol)

Kathryn said...

So glad that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving w/o worry of hell, fire and damnation!!! (There is no hell, and even if there was, you wouldn't go there for eating turkey...)

I was thinking of you, hoping you were having a fun time!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Sounds like a nice Turkey Day.

Caroline said...

It was a wonderful Turkey Day. I had a previous post entitled "Most Memorable Thanskgiving" and this year beat it out be a long shot. It was the best day