Friday, November 04, 2005

Deadly Smells

This whole week we have had a major problem at work. It started Tuesday afternoon. The back part of the building (where my office is) started smelling like someone had gone to the bathroom and expelled a demon. It was horrible. Well, this entire week at around the same time you can start to smell the sewer. I thought it was going to make me sick yesterday. My stomach was getting upset and I had a headache. The offices in the back have huge windows in them. I have one of the few offices where the windows were painted shut. Dammit. So, today I came prepared. I have brought a huge scented candle. I was kind of afraid to light the candle. With these fumes, there could be some sort of explosion.

The job I have is one of the best that I have ever had. I have a boss that does not mico manage. He lets us do our work and as long as we do our work, he leaves us alone. And the holidays I get off are great. You would think I work for the state. I am so excited because we have Veterans Day off. (which by the way is next Friday..YEA 3 day weekend) I never knew when Veterans Day was until I started working here. For once I get to stay home while Laura is at work. (she is not too happy about this)

No comments: