Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Busy Busy Day

What a day. I've gone from meetings to meetings and yet to more meetings. Be sure to check the side for new pictures I have put on flickr. It's just a small sample of pictures from our trip as well as new pictures of Landon who is now 2 months old and cuter then ever.

Laura always teases me that growing up I never had to work a hard day in my life. I beg to differ, but I was lucky that I have never been a waitress. Today a co-worker and I went to Chilis for lunch and right when we sat down a waitress dropped a whole tray full of food on herself and the floor. I heard her tell the people that this is her first week. God bless her. Being a waitress is hard work and you don't always get paid well for it.

I forgot to mention that Laura and I have seriously started our "new lifestyle". We are going to the gym 4x a week and eating very heathly. It was very hard yesterday with Halloween and all, but I did very well considering I had a ton of candy at the house. We have both lost about 5-6 pounds in the past week. We are very proud of ourselves. Our goal is to look great in April for our trip. We both workout on the eliciptcal trainer. It's a hard workout, but when you burn 300+ calories and go 2+ miles in just 30 minutes it's well worth it. And I can say, I already feel better.

Halloween was great. It was kind of slow and I was getting nervous when we were having that many come to our house. It picked up around 7:30 and we had just a little bit of candy left. (I sent it with Laura to school today for those kids that are really good in class) It's better to get it out of the house. The little kids were just adoreable. I question some of the kids that are 16 or older still out there. They were a little old, but oh well. Maybe one day I will be able to take my own child trick or treating.

1 comment:

cmg said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Hope you make your goals. I'm trying to get the initiative to get back in the gym myself. Great tip about the eliptical. I was always afraid of that thing myself. I may just try it when I go back. Whenever that might be.