Monday, October 31, 2005

Who put the catnip on the bed?

As many of you know, Laura and I have a small zoo at our house. Here is a recap of all our critters before I tell you a funny story from over the weekend.
Sophie (dog) Sophie is a 7 year old border collie. She has a little bit of chow in her and you can tell by her bark and the black spots on her tongue. She is one of the most loyal dogs I have ever had. All around, a great dog.
Sophie (cat) Because we have a blended family we both have an animal named Sophie. In the beginning, they were both very confused, as was the vet, but we are all used to it now. Now, Sophie cat is one of the most unique animals I have ever met. When she is mad, she will hold a grudge. Sometimes she forgives you and sometimes she doesn't. It's amazing. She is 22lbs. Her nickname is Burrbear and is called that often, as not to confuse the dog. Sometimes I slip and call her fatass, but not often because it really pisses Laura off.
Bonk (cat) Bonk is our oldest critter. I guess she is around 16 or 17, but not completly sure. She was one of my brothers girlfriends cats. Somehow she ended up at my parents and when I moved out I took her with me. When we were attempting to train the dog to sit and stay, Bonk decided that she liked the name "stay" instead of Bonk. She now will only come to you when you say, "Stay". Go figure.
Astro (cat) Astro is a real sweetheart. He is also a big cat, but not real tough. Since Sophie cat has moved in, he has decided he is in love with her. She on the other hand, wants nothing to do with him and tells him every chance she gets. His nickname is "asshole" because of the way his face is shaped and because whenever he gets spooked he farts.
Brady (cat) For those of you that have been reading my blog for a while, he is also known as the "orange bastard" Brady is an orange tabby. He is our homeosexual cat. He wears a collar with a bell because he loves to run out the door when it's opened. The bell just makes him seem so much more gay. He is very sweet and loves to sleep with us and on our pillows.
Ben (cat) Ben is our baby. His Mom was a stray in our neighborhood. I caught him about 4 years ago. He tends to be very shy and sometimes ferel. So, we call him "Ferel Faucett". He thinks his name is "baby". I always called him the baby when I would talk to him and it has stuck with him. A true lover. Loves to cuddle under the covers.

So, those are our pets. Oh, and we have 5 fish. Well, on Saturday night Laura and I were sleeping and all of a sudden Ben was at the end of the bed chasing his tale. This went on for about 15 minutes. At first I couldn't figure out what he was doing. And I was too tired to figure out.

About 2 hours later, Brady was in the same spot chasing the covers. The only thing we could hear was that damn bell.

The only thing we can figure out is, someone in our house put catnip on the end of the bed. It's amazing how they will find the container of cat nip no matter where we put it. So, it's safe to say, our cats were high as a kite on Saturday night.

1 comment:

Sublime said...

That is a lot of animals...lol!

Did you get many trick-or-treaters last night?

Take care,
Sublime