Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Why I am so sad today...

1) I did not pass the Kansas license test. I missed by 2 points, AGAIN. I was really depressed after the test and then I went home and watched the news...

2) Our trip to Florida is officially off. Due to the hurricane (thanks Wilma), there is a mandatory evacuation in the keys for all visitors. (that's us) We have rebooked for April for one week. So, now a new countdown has started for this trip.

This morning Laura and I were so depressed watching the weather channel. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN...D..A...M...N.... So instead of heading off for the sunny beachs of Florida, we are going to Eureka Springs for a few days. I love Eureka Springs, but it in no way compares to sandy white beaches.

I also got a call last night from my neighbors who moved to WA a month ago because he was dying and wanted to be close to his family. Lyn told me that Glenn is down to his last few hours. Keep her in your prayers because this is a very difficult time for her and their entire family.

1 comment:

Francesca said...

I'm sure it's a real bummer at the mo, but on the bright side you have another chance to take the test. You're only missing by two points, so that shows you have the knowledge and that can never be taken from you! However, I realize the certification is an important thing and you want to secure it. So, don't give up or be too down about it. You will get there; just think of what went wrong and prepare even harder. It's definitely going to happen. So, get back in there and take it again.

As for the Florida trip. What is with so many storms this year?! It's getting worse and worse. On my island we've not even had one direct tropical storm this season, I don't think, let alone a full strength hurricane!... Amazing! We are quite lucky this year...and thankful!!!

It's really a stinker about your your travel plans, but, on the bright side, at least you can still go later...AND, at least you are not living in the direct path of the hurricane! Imagine the people who don't have the choices/options we have......

Still, I know it's all disappointing, but chin up....