Wednesday, October 19, 2005

When it rains, it pours..

So, this morning I got a call from Lyn telling me that Glenn had indeed past away last night. This makes me very sad. But I was happy to hear that he went in peace and he was surrounded by his family. That's the way we should all go. Thinking about Glenn's passing has brought back many memories of my grandparents, who he was very good friends with. Glenn and Lyn moved in a few years before my grandparents moved into the house. My Grandpa was not doing good and was confined to a wheelchair. Glenn build a deck in the back and a ramp so my Grandpa could go to church. Glenn always told me that my Grandpa loved going out on the back deck to have his evening beer. That's a nice picture in my mind. Both Glenn and Lyn remember me as a small child across the fence. (they said I teased their dogs, but I don't remember doing that, although it sounds like something I would do..) So, when I bought the house in 1998 after my Grandma had passed away Glenn and I instantly struck up a friendship over the fence. Whenever I was outside he would come and talk with me. I always felt safe when he was home because he kept an eye on the house.

God Speed Glenn.

1 comment:

pack of 2 said...

Sorry to hear about Glenn & also your test...and your trip to Flordia. They (whoever THEY are) say bad things happen in threes...you should be done now!

Chin up & here's to a better next week!

Shelly