Monday, October 03, 2005

Starting Over

Last Friday I went and did one of those Life Expectancy Calculator's and it estimated I would live to 80.3 years if I didn't change anything. Laura and I have been talking for months and months about getting back to the gym and getting back to a healthy eating. There are so many reasons why we should be doing this. First of all, I want to live past 80. That kind of hit home how I am not treating my body right and that eventually it will catch up to me. (maybe sooner then later) If we did decide to have a baby, I would need to be in tip top shape to ensure the baby has a healthy start.

So, today is the day we are starting over. We each have a journal so we can keep track of what we are eating and how much we are exercising. I think this is all good. I feel very good about this. Tonight we are going to the gym and I feel excited about this. Last winter when I got some disturbing health news we joined the gym, started eating right and it showed. But it didn't last. This time, it has to work. There is so much in life I want to do. I feel that I am more emotionally healthy then ever before. That is mainly the reason I would overeat. I was trying to fill this void in my life. Well, now that void is gone and I feel pretty damn good about myself and my life so far. Now it's time to put those feelings into action. I always feel better after working out. I don't want to be like my Mother who at 60 had to have a hip replacement.

It's time to start treating my body right. Wish me luck...

1 comment:

pack of 2 said...

Good luck. I took the same test & I should live to be 77 yrs old.
I guess I need to get healthier too...ugh...I hate that;)

Shelly