Thursday, October 13, 2005

And baby makes 18?!?!

Last winter I saw a program on this family after they had their 15th child. Now, just one year later they have had their 16th child. I can't imagine. I can't imagine having to come up with names for all the babies. This is a family that lives in Arkansas. In all the children, there are two sets of twins. This woman had her first child at 21. So, for the last 16 years she has been pregnant every single year. Give the woman a break. I didnt' realize the human body could have so many babies.

How do they have enough attention for all the children? I know I grew up with just one brother and we were always competing for our parents attention. Can you imagine havnig to share your parents attention with 15 other brothers/sisters? I can't.

The program last winter was very interesting. The children are home schooled. When the girls were asked what they wanted to be when they grew up, they all said, "wives and mothers." I think this is kind of sad. They don't realize there is more to do then that.

1 comment:

pack of 2 said...

I worked with two sisters that were part of a family with 16 children. They were Apastolic something or another.

Their goals were to marry & have many children. They all worked until they married & then started poppin out kids.

I went to both of the weddings. It was all about following the man & obeying him & living in his shadow.

I was sad for them but they didn't seem to know/care that they were missing out on so much life.

I still see one of them from time to time. She just got married & hasn't started having kids but they are working on it.

I think she is gay but would never want to go through the stuff with her family (well, you know what those problems are) so she lives that life & pretends to be happy.