Tuesday, October 11, 2005

11 days...

We are literally climbing the walls. We are so excited about our upcoming trip. 15 minutes after Laura left this morning the phone rang. I saw it was her. Here is our conversation at 6:02am.

"Hello"
"I have something to tell you"
"Ok, what is it?"
"I am so damn excited about our trip to Florida"
"I am too, but I am also sleeping"
"Just wanted to tell you that. I am so excited, I can't see straight"
"Have a good day"
"Bye"

Now, I am not a very talkative person in the morning. I always worry when she calls me in the mornings after she has left. My first thought is, there has been a wreck. I don't know how we are going to make it through the next 11 days.

Also, before we go on this trip there is one thing I have to take care of before we leave. Next Tuesday I am taking my Kansas Social Work License test. This is my second time taking the test. I took it last June. You need a 70 to pass and I got a 68. I have never known anyone to get more then 80 on their license test. They make these suckers so hard. There are 170 multiple choice questions. Oh, and 20 are not counted in the score. So,the way I see it, last time I missed by just 3 questions. I once had a friend that got 69 on her test. I think I would have felt better if I had failed by 20+ more points, but not just 2. My boss asked why I was taking the test right before my vacation. I told him I wanted it over before vacation. He said, "it's either going to be a really good vacation or one clouded with your results." I find out the results after I finish the test. I am going to be a nervous wreck. I remember last time my heart was pounding and my hands were shaking when I pressed the button saying I was done. You have to wait a few seconds and then a screen pops up. The first words I saw were "FAIL". It was bad.

So, wish me luck. I have been studying for 2 months now. (last time I just studied for 3 weeks) I have read the entire Social Work Dictionary. Not fun reading.

Back to studying............

1 comment:

Francesca said...

You don't need luck to pass. You WILL pass because you have had the experience of the first test and you have put in even more study time. It's going to be about your determination and your additional preparation. It wouldn't surprise me if you hit full marks and get the 80!

Go for it! You can and will do it!