Friday, September 16, 2005

The Weekend Mode

Friday. I just love this day. Actually, my Fridays start Thursdays after work. I get into the "it's the weekend" mode. Last night was such a nice night. After work I went home and did some minor cleaning and then Laura cooked a wonderful dinner and we watch Survivor. We both love that show. Last season Laura was "in love" with the contestant Stephanie. Stephanie isn't bad looking at all, and one tough girl. She was voted off 1/2 way through the show last season. (it was not a good night at our house when that happened) Well, to our surprise, Stephanie was brought back for this season. Laura was in the kitchen at the beginning and when I said, "there's Stephanie", she came running. I had never seen her run that fast.


Growing up a JW I never had any b-day parties and never hosted a b-day party. Well, this weekend Laura and I are having a family b-day party for her youngest nephew who just turned 8. I am so excited about this. I am realizing how many things I was not able to do as a child because of my religious upbringing. I wonder how my life would have turned out if I was exposed to the world before the age of 26. How would things have turned out differently. Reminds of me of the song "Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. Yes, the road may not have been straight and narrow, but it lead me right to Laura. I see everything I went through as just another thing along the road. And the eventual end lead me right to Laura. And what a wonderful ending this has been. Well, not an ending, but a wonderful beginning.

Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Sublime said...

I swear more and more "concidences" occur when I'm reading your blog. I was just talking (last night) about how that song described the life of a friend of mine. Strange to read it here today with you saying the same thing about your life.

Enjoy the party and have a good weekend.

-Sublime

Anonymous said...

I to am an X JW and hope your week end is wounderful. I hope you can live your relationship free from as much guilt as possiable. My partner and I both love surviver and yes Steph is a "hottie" I cried myself when she won amunity for the first time.