Monday, September 19, 2005

Elf's post

When I arrived at work today I did my usual checking everyone's blog to see what went on over the weekend. I was very distrubed by a post the ELF put on his blog this morning. It was talking about equal rights/same sex marriages. He pretty much said that it's like having a medical condition. When you have a medical condition you are considered "sick" and that there is something wrong with you. There is nothing wrong with me or anyone else that is gay. And I am quite offended at his post. And I apoligize to anyone that read it. It's almost as if he wrote something that would get people stirring. And I don't appreciate that one bit. I don't care if you call it marriage or civil unions, but dammit we deserve the same rights as "married" heterosexuals. Last time I checked this was still America, home of the free.

My post may be limited in the next few days because we just hired a new person in our department and I am training her. I will tell you this, I am not done with this discussion on gay marriages.

By the way, I had a wonderful weekend with Laura and her family. I thank God everyday that her family does not have the same views as ELF. There is still good people in the world.

No comments: