Friday, September 23, 2005

Since Laura and I have been together I have learned several very important lessons.

1) Dollar General is a great place to buy things. Before her I had never been in a Dollar General. They have name brand stuff and it's cheap!!!!! There are certain things we buy that it doesn't matter if it's name brand or not. Like toilet paper. It's so cheap at DG. Napkins, paper towels, etc. It's a whole new world in there.

2) Coupons are a wonderful thing. I don't remember my parents using coupons when I was growing up. My Dad would use them for the cat food or liter, but that's about it. Well, I have discovered coupons. It's amazing how much you can save from them. We usually do our grocery list from our list of coupons.

3) Paying yourself first. This was a concept that I had always heard about and wanted to get started doing this. Laura and I started this about 6 months ago and it has worked out wonderful. It just makes sense to pay yourself first. Because of this concept that we have adopted, we are able to travel, etc.

Just a few money lessons I have learned over the past few years. If you have never been in a Dollar General store, RUN as fast as you can. You will love it.

Have a good weekend..

No comments: