Friday, September 02, 2005

One week.......

Another week has come and gone. How the world has changed in just 7 short days. Last Friday we knew there was a hurricane coming, but did we ever imagine the destruction it would cause to the land and to all those dreams people had? Makes me very grateful that I am living in the middle of the United States, not surrounded by water.

Tomorrow night we are going to the Royals game. We were suppose to go a few weeks ago, but it was rained out. We are going to try again tomorrow night. We really aren't going to watch the Royals play. The whole world knows they suck so we surely wouldn't go to watch the boys of summer play. Tomorrow is "Buck Night". In honor of Buck O'Neil all hotdogs, cokes and peanuts are a "buck". Not a bad deal. Actually when we were suppose to go a few weeks ago it was the 20th Anniversary of the Royals winning the World Series and all prices at the concessions were at the 1985 prices. I guess Buck night will have to do. When Laura and I go to McDonalds our intenions are to eat off the Dollar Menu. She always does, but I always end up getting a Value Meal. We joke all the time that when we go out to dinner she can have anything a dollar and under. Now, tomorrow night I will probably get a polish sausage which is $4, not a Buck. I know I will hear about it all night. :)

Keep the Hurricane victims in your prayers. They need all the prayers they can get at this point. Happy Labor Day Weekend. Enjoy the weekend with your loved ones. You never know what will happen in a week.

No comments: