Thursday, September 01, 2005

Family

Here it is the first day of September. Can't believe it's already September. But I am thrilled cause now I can officially say, "We're going to the Keys next month". Laura and I are so excited about our trip. It's going to be nice to just get away and enjoy each others company without all the distractions that daily life brings. A few weeks ago when Laura's sister and Mom stopped by our house her Mom asked us what we were going to do with the dog while we are away. We told her that we were going to put her in the kennel. Her Mom said that if we wanted to we could bring Sophie down to their house and they would take care of her. Laura's parents LOVE Sophie. But couldn't resist such an adoreable dog. She is a great dog. I thought that was so nice of her parents to offer taking care of Sophie. Well I told her Mom that I wasn't sure because without them having a fence, they would have to walk her and she can be a hand full at times. I tried to explain that trying to get Sophie on a leash is next to impossible because she gets so excited. Her Mom said, "Let me try". I got out the leash and handed it to her Mom and I couldn't believe it, Sophie stayed calm and let her put the leash on and walk her out the door with no problem. I couldn't believe it. After her Mom left that night I was telling Laura how touched I was that her Mom wanted to watch Sophie while we were out of town. My parents would never have done that for me. I called her Mom a few days later to tell her how touched I was by the offer. Her Mom simply said, "That's what families do for each other." Sometimes it's hard for me to understand that Laura's family has truly accepted me into their family when my own family has done everything to keep me out of the family. God is good!!

No comments: