Monday, September 26, 2005

The Gift of Children

Ok, I need to vent a little bit. I am a substance abuse counselor. I wear many hats during the day. I do drug/alcohol assessment that have been ordered by the court (DUI, possession, and Family services) and then also take many calls from individuals that are seeking treatment or from family members that have a family member that needs treatment. So, when my phone rings, I never know who is going to be on the other line.

So on Friday night I am sitting and watching the local news and see a story about a woman that is charged with felony child abuse charges. Next thing I know I see a client's mug shot on the tv. WOW!! See this client was referred by family court because her kids were taken away when her daughter turned up at the hospital for a broken pelvis. (her daughter is 4) Most people that have their kids taken into the states custody have to have an assessment. This client was very angry at the time of the interview saying, "I don't know what happened to her. Her legs just started hurting." When this client came in I knew she was bullshitting me the entire time. But what can you do. YOu can't force the truth out of someone. And then she shows up on tv because she has been charged with pushing her daughter to the floor and breaking her pelvis.

So there are some people that feel gays should not be able to adopt or have children. Who's protecting the children from the parents that kick their children around. And I bet 99.9% are heterosexual. Huh..does that make sense. This client of mine is someone that has no respect for the gift she has been given. She was given the gift to create another human being. And what does she do with that gift??? She pushes her so hard to the floor that the little girls pelvis breaks. I can't even imagine how that would have hurt.

There was another case in KC about horrible abuse from parents. Two parents that were high on crack and the father kicked the little girl in the head. They left her there for 3 days while she died. Then to cover up what they did, they decapatated her and just tossed her in the woods. Can you imagine those 3 days the little girl was just laying there are her parents are just stepping over her. I pray that she was not conscious and that angels were all around her. Who would this little girl been better with? A drug addicted mother and father that only wanted her around to collect the welfare check, or a loving, heathly gay couple. The answer is easier then you think.

1 comment:

pack of 2 said...

It isn't even a question. Gay people are the same as anyone else!

Shelly