Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Holidays

Last weekend we put up our Halloween decorations. I just love celebrating the holidays. Growing up as a Jehovah's Witness I did not have the chance to really get into the holidays. Last year was the first time that I really celebrated them, and I loved it. It was great. The first holiday that I celebrated was Halloween. I had never carved pumpkins before and I did that for the first time last year. It took longer then what I thought, but they turned out great. The only thing was we got a lot of rain after we carved them and a few days after halloween they were rotten. We got a thing for the yard called "Marcus the Carcus". it's a skelton that just has a head, two hands and two feet. It looks like it's coming up from the ground and it lights up. So this year we also got lights for the walkway that are pumpkins.

Last Christmas I put up a Christmas tree for the first time. And I really got into decorating. It was the most amazing holiday season of my life. I remember Christmas morning getting up and going downstairs to open our gifts. It was so much fun. It was a day I will not soon forget. Even the pets were excited because we had gotten them gifts. We had set out Sophie's (the dog) right in front of the tree and when we got up she went running down and went straight for her gift. It was as if she knew it was for her.

So, let the holiday season begin. This year I am no longer a beginner at this. I can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

pack of 2 said...

I used to know a girl that was JW & she used to be sad at school after any holiday...I'm sure for the reasons you would understand.

I used to feel bad for her that she could never participate in that stuff.

Shelly