Friday, March 06, 2009

Waiting.....

Poor Sophie has been feeling so insecure lately. I really think she is afraid that I am going to leave her in the middle of the night. Doesn't she realize that I could never go anywhere without her?

This June Sophie will be 11. It's hard to believe that I have had her this long, but I also can't imagine her not in my life. It's hard for me to think that she is getting older and not able to do as much as she used to. S and I were talking about all the walks we will go on and I had to remind her that Sophie is older and she can't go as far. Last spring when I went walking with MJ, we walked about 3 miles and it was so hard on Sophie. She slept for 2 days after that. That was a hard walk and I swore that MJ was trying to kill me as well. :)

Yesterday I went home at lunch because I needed to get a new contact and Sophie was so excited to see me. I laid down on the bed for a few minutes and she came up and cuddled with me. Sophie does not like to cuddle but when I go home in the middle of the day she loves to cuddle. At my new job I will have an hour lunch and I will be just about 5 minutes from home. Sophie will be getting lots of cuddling time once I move.

Speaking of moving...a week from now I should be all moved in. S is coming over right after work and plans on spending most of the weekend with me. My cable/Internet will not be in until Monday, so I may have Lynilu put an update on my blog. You wouldn't mind Lynilu would you? I am not too worried about not having cable/Internet for 3 days because I am pretty sure S will keep me entertained. :)

Today is my last Friday at work. A couple of my co-workers have been teasing me about the potluck on Tuesday. I guess the entire building is invited. It's going to be weird having so many people there just for me. The co-worker I was talking to this morning said I will love what they are planning. Huh....I am really curious now.

My house is all boxed up and my office is all boxed up...now I just wait for next Friday to get here.

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

I can feel the excitement! From this far away!! You must be just about vibrating from it!!

MJ said...

It will be exciting. I love moving adventures but hate the packing and unpacking. Just a few days more.

Bobbie said...

I am so happy that you are so excited I can almost understand the happiness cause it was like that for us when we bought this house.

Monogram Queen said...

I hate being the center of attention (as in birthdays, showers etc) but it is a very nice gesture!