Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Night Treat

I decided on the way home I needed a treat. I have not eaten out in a week and I thought that some ice cream would be good for tonight. I was right.

I don't know why, but I never thought this week was going to end. And now that it's over I feel great. I have had a really quiet evening. I didn't do any packing and just watched a bunch of TV, including my TV girlfriend Super Nanny.

Tonight when I got home my neighbor upstairs came out and told me that a few nights ago he was pulling into our complex and someone hit his car and kept going. And yet another reason I am glad I am moving. The parking lot of my complex can get crazy at times and most people drive really fast and don't care that you are walking on the side of the road. Usually when I car comes close to me and Sophie I just step up into the grass so we won't get hit. But what I want to do is yell..."slow down asshole". You have no idea how nice it will be to have my own driveway again.

I was told last week that I have been talking a lot about my upcoming move. This move is completely different then any of my other moves. I never went away for college and have always lived in the same 15 mile area. So this move is huge for me. I have always dreamed of moving out of KC, but never thought I was strong enough or had enough courage. I was thinking back to when I was dating STL and she wanted me to move to St. Louis. I had found a place and even sent my deposit check, but the day after I mailed my deposit for my apartment I realized this probably wasn't the best thing and canceled everything. This move is different....the minute I was offered my new job I was ready to move. And even though I have had many obstacles since deciding to move (car wreck, ect) I have never once doubted my decision to move.

S and I were talking tonight and I told her that now that things are pretty much done for my move I now have time to start thinking about my new job and I am getting excited. I love learning new things and I know my first few weeks at the hospital are going to be filled with a whole lot of learning.

I promise you that I will stop talking about this move in 3 weeks. :)

5 comments:

Bobbie said...

I dont mind you talking about your move you deserve some happiness and if moving makes you happy I say sing it from the rooftops. If it is people that read your blog if they dont like what you talk about then they dont need to read it.

Teaberry said...

I like hearing about it! I think it sounds so exciting.

I've only lived within an hour of my hometown all my life, too, so I can relate to the feelings about moving far away for the first time. We talk about moving away to another state all the time and in theory it's exciting, but then when the talk gets too serious, I'm scared!

So, good for you! And, good luck!!

Lynilu said...

No, you won't quit talking about it, because you'll have all sorts of new things to talk about. And that is a good thing. I'm glad you're happy. I'm glad you are doing something that you want to do, and it is fulfilling your dream.

I like what Bobbie said about anyone who doesn't like it or isn't supportive of your choices can stop reading the blog. Or if it is off the blog, ignore it. I'd guess it probably comes from people who are, at some level, jealous that you are so brave and so happy. Shrug it off.

Caroline, I've known you long enough to say what I think of you. This is a good move in your life. You've made some mistakes. Big deal. All of us have along they way. What you are doing now is one of the best decisions you've made. It shows your strength, the strength you've developed on your own, against the odds. It is indicative of who you are at the core. I'm proud of you. I love how you've grown as a woman, as a person, as a Social Worker. I'm proud of your integrity and your ethic structure. You continue doing what your doing. And a pox on those naysayers. Love you, girl!

Caroline said...

bobbie--thanks for not minding me talking so much about this move. it really is a huge thing for me and i am also soooo excited.

teaberry--for so many years I hvae wanted to move out of KC, but i would always get scared and then do nothing about it. i know this move is right because i have no fear at all

lynilu--thank you so much for your kind words. i know it has been interesting watching the story of my life unfold and i appreciate your friendship through it al. and you are right...i probably won't stop talking about it for a while.

Renaissance Woman said...

I think it's great you are doing something that you have always dreamed of and that also scares you to death! That is a big deal and very exciting! Good for you.